The Edinburgh Entrepreneurship Club (E-Club) is a consortium of students, alumni, researchers, faculty and staff from across the university, and colleagues from the wider community who share a common goal of fostering the entrepreneurial spirit. Founded in 2005, we are hosted by the Business School but are open to anyone with an interest, idea, business, or simple curiosity.
We promote entrepreneurial activity and support new venture creation among our members by providing inspiring talks, pitching and business plan competitions, informative workshops, access to entrepreneurs in residence and above all the opportunity for members to network at events and through our LinkedIn and Facebook pages. We welcome members at all stages of the entrepreneurial process, from complete novices to those with established businesses, funders and intermediaries.
The E-Club aims to provide information, knowledge and networking opportunities related to entrepreneurship and support entrepreneurs through all steps of the Entrepreneurial Process.
- A number guest speakers throughout the year, including a series by Archangel Informal Investment and MBM Commercial, in addition to the iVenture Tuesday series jointly hosted with the School of informatics.
- Two Entrepreneurs in Residence who give up their time to provide members with one to one advice.
- Pitching competitions, sponsored by Santander and Grant Property, where members can hone their pitching skills.
- A business plan competition, generously sponsored by Grant Management to the tune of £3,000, open to MBA students only.
- Frequent communication of the above and other related activities via a regular newsletter and updates on the website and through LinkedIn, Facebook (Edinburgh Entrepreneurship Club), Twitter (@eclubedi) and KILTR.