What makes the Edinburgh MBA the stand out one to choose? The Edinburgh MBA looks to the future, addressing key business challenges through cutting edge research and informed debate.
Broad in scope, insightful in content, the programme covers all the main management disciplines, yet offers real opportunities for focus on specific specialist areas. It blends academic rigour with the latest business thinking - and global economic developments. This is an intense programme designed to develop personal and career management skills.
The MBA philosophy finds its origins in the Scottish Enlightenment. The values underpinning the enlightenment continue to inform every aspect of the programme and the curriculum is focused on leadership, innovation and best practice. A distinctive feature of the MBA programme is to produce a cadre of business leaders operating from a position of absolute integrity - an enlightenment MBA for the 21st century.
The programme has a number of key objectives to:
- give an understanding of the behaviour, form and performance of organisations;
- develop the ability to appreciate strategic issues and to formulate long term policies;
- provide a basic knowledge of a wide range of management issues and techniques plus a specialised knowledge in many functional areas;
- provide a solid basis for continual skills development; and
- balance academic and personal development.
Available to study in a number of different ways, the Edinburgh MBA has five fundamental components:
A solid grounding in the core management disciplines and concepts.
The opportunity to explore specific subjects in more depth through our wide range of specialist courses.
The ability to apply theory and practice to real life business challenges.
The development of cross-disciplinary skills through integrative projects.
Significant development of personal and communication skills, focusing on the progression of your chosen career.