This programme focuses on developing your capability for incisive analysis, innovative thinking, leadership skills and entrepreneurial action in a global context.
Accepted a job within 3 months of graduation (class of 2014/15)
Alumni are directors, chairmen, owners, or MDs
Why Choose the Edinburgh MBA?MBA Director, Malcolm Kirkup, explores the unique features of the Edinburgh MBA, explaining what makes it a popular choice »
Both programmes aim to prepare you for strategic leadership in a rapidly changing world.
The programmes will develop an understanding of:
- the nature and complexity of the global challenges facing businesses
- the importance of strategic leadership as an approach to achieving success in a rapidly changing environment
- the key management functions associated with finance, accounting, strategic marketing; organisation and operations
- how markets and international economies work
- the responsibilities of businesses as stewards of financial, social and natural capital
In addition the two programmes will develop:
- your confidence in decision-making through the applied analysis of real business problems
- your ability to think strategically and holistically when planning new business solutions
- a passion for innovation and entrepreneurial action
- a global mind-set with sensitivity to the impact of differences of culture and context on strategy
- advanced communication and interpersonal skills for effective leadership
Both programmes take a global perspective, although the opportunities for international travel on each programme are different in scope and extent.
On our MBA, there is an opportunity to study International Business in Context (a one-week intensive module located in an emerging market) and to undertake your Capstone Project focused on a country outside of the UK.
On our MBA (with an International Exchange), the international opportunities are greater. You will spend 2-3 months on exchange with one of our international partner Universities (Australia, Canada, China, Finland, France, Mexico, Spain and USA).