This programme focuses on developing your capability for incisive analysis, innovative thinking, leadership skills and entrepreneurial action in a global context.
Accepted a job within 3 months of graduation (class of 2014/15)
Nationalities (class of 2014/15)
MBA Alumni are directors, chairmen, owners, or MDs
Why Choose the Edinburgh MBA?MBA Director, Malcolm Kirkup, explores the unique features of the Edinburgh MBA, explaining what makes it a popular choice »
The Edinburgh MBA aims to prepare you for strategic leadership in a rapidly changing world.
The programme will develop an understanding of:
- the nature and complexity of the global challenges facing businesses
- the importance of strategic leadership as an approach to achieving success in a rapidly changing environment
- the key management functions associated with finance, accounting, strategic marketing, organisation and operations
- how markets and international economies work
- the responsibilities of businesses as stewards of financial, social and natural capital.
In addition the programme will develop:
- your confidence in decision-making through the applied analysis of real business problems
- your ability to think strategically and holistically when planning new business solutions
- a passion for innovation and entrepreneurial action
- a global mind-set with sensitivity to the impact of differences of culture and context on strategy
- advanced communication and interpersonal skills for effective leadership.
The Edinburgh MBA takes a global perspective on Business, through either the study of non-UK markets or international exchange.
On our MBA, there is an opportunity to study International Business in Context (a one-week intensive module located in an emerging market) and to undertake your Capstone Project focused on a country outside of the UK.
Our MBA with International Exchange) offers additional international opportunities. You will spend 2-3 months on exchange with one of our international partner Universities (currently located in Australia, Canada, China, Finland, France, Mexico, Spain and the USA).