Welcome to the University of Edinburgh’s Sustainable Business Initiative. It is the Business School’s contribution to supporting the business community as it prepares for the challenge of achieving sustainability.
The core sustainability challenge facing businesses today is the ability to foresee, respond to and manage the strategic impacts arising from such issues as: increasing natural resource scarcity, climate change, poverty, inequality and changing stakeholder expectations in different localities.
We are committed to equipping managers and decision-makers with the requisite skills to create and implement sustainable and responsible strategies through our management development programmes, actionable research, and constructive engagement with industry and policy makers.
Latest news in Sustainable Business
- Sea Turtles’ “Lost Years” Transatlantic Journey Mapped for First TimeScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2014-03-06
- Duke Ordered to Stop Groundwater Pollution at North Carolina Coal PlantsScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2014-03-06
- Soot-Free Air within Reach in U.S.–But Not for LongScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2014-03-06
- Congress Gets Together on WildernessSustainableBusiness.com General News | 2014-03-06
- Infrastructure Threatened by Climate Change Poses a National CrisisScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2014-03-06
- The U.S. Conservation Crisis That No One Hears AboutScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2014-03-06
- Algae in Glass Cases Could Determine Fracking’s TollScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2014-03-06
- Surprise! House Passes Building Energy Efficiency BillSustainableBusiness.com General News | 2014-03-06
Dr Kenneth Amaeshi - Sustainable Business in Emerging Markets
Dr Kenneth Amaeshi, Senior Lecturer in Strategy & International Business, presents Sustainable Business in Emerging ...
The Sustainable Business Initiative: Partnership with Lagos Business School
Dr Akintola Owolabi, Senior Lecturer at Lagos Business School talks about the reasons behind partnering with the ...
Interview with James Niven, Tridos Bank
Interview with James Niven, Tridos Bank in September 2012 at the Implementing Sustainable Banking Principles Executive ...