Welcome to the University of Edinburgh’s Sustainable Business Initiative. It is the Business School’s contribution to supporting the business community as it prepares for the challenge of achieving sustainability.
The core sustainability challenge facing businesses today is the ability to foresee, respond to and manage the strategic impacts arising from such issues as: increasing natural resource scarcity, climate change, poverty, inequality and changing stakeholder expectations in different localities.
We are committed to equipping managers and decision-makers with the requisite skills to create and implement sustainable and responsible strategies through our management development programmes, actionable research, and constructive engagement with industry and policy makers.
Latest news in Sustainable Business
- Super-Muscular Pigs Created by Small Genetic Tweak
- More Nations Pledge to Cut Carbon Emissions
- Perovskite Solar Cells Could Beat the Efficiency of Silicon
- Are We Too Afraid of Nuclear Weapons?
- The Richest Reef: Time to Call It a Day
- How to Reduce Heat Wave Exposure among the Most Vulnerable
- A Top Chef’s Recipes for Eating Invasive Species
- Pink Salmon Struggle as Freshwater Becomes Acidic