Welcome to the University of Edinburgh’s Sustainable Business Initiative. It is the Business School’s contribution to supporting the business community as it prepares for the challenge of achieving sustainability.
The core sustainability challenge facing businesses today is the ability to foresee, respond to and manage the strategic impacts arising from such issues as: increasing natural resource scarcity, climate change, poverty, inequality and changing stakeholder expectations in different localities.
We are committed to equipping managers and decision-makers with the requisite skills to create and implement sustainable and responsible strategies through our management development programmes, actionable research, and constructive engagement with industry and policy makers.
Latest news in Sustainable Business
- Biofuels Mandate is Cut DrasticallyScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2014-04-23
- Chile’s Recent Earthquake Defied ExpectationsScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2014-04-23
- Google Invests in Wind and Solar AgainSustainableBusiness.com General News | 2014-04-23
- California Schools Get First Wave Of Efficiency UpgradesSustainableBusiness.com General News | 2014-04-23
- UK Approves 5 Offshore Wind Projects, Powering 3 Million HomesSustainableBusiness.com General News | 2014-04-23
- Washington State Euthanizes 300 birds after Cockfighting Farm RaidedScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2014-04-23
- Parched California Moves to Boost Water-Saving Toilets and FaucetsScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2014-04-22
- The Life Cycle of Your Reusable TrashScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2014-04-22
Dr Kenneth Amaeshi - Sustainable Business in Emerging Markets
Dr Kenneth Amaeshi, Senior Lecturer in Strategy & International Business, presents Sustainable Business in Emerging ...
The Sustainable Business Initiative: Partnership with Lagos Business School
Dr Akintola Owolabi, Senior Lecturer at Lagos Business School talks about the reasons behind partnering with the ...
Interview with James Niven, Tridos Bank
Interview with James Niven, Tridos Bank in September 2012 at the Implementing Sustainable Banking Principles Executive ...