Welcome to the University of Edinburgh’s Sustainable Business Initiative. It is the Business School’s contribution to supporting the business community as it prepares for the challenge of achieving sustainability.
The core sustainability challenge facing businesses today is the ability to foresee, respond to and manage the strategic impacts arising from such issues as: increasing natural resource scarcity, climate change, poverty, inequality and changing stakeholder expectations in different localities.
We are committed to equipping managers and decision-makers with the requisite skills to create and implement sustainable and responsible strategies through our management development programmes, actionable research, and constructive engagement with industry and policy makers.
Latest news in Sustainable Business
- Saskatchewan Evacuating Thousands More as Wildfires Spread
- Tandem Solar Cell May Boost Electricity from Sunlight
- Solar-Powered Plane Soars to New World Records
- Lion Facial-Recognition Debuts in Africa
- California’s 50,000 Pot Farms Are Sucking Rivers Dry
- Alaska’s Land-Locked Glaciers Contribute to Sea Level Rise
- Wisconsin Gov. Signs Bill Banning Plastic Microbeads
- FEMA Does Not Know if 750,000 Homes Are Flood-Prone