Welcome to the University of Edinburgh’s Sustainable Business Initiative. It is the Business School’s contribution to supporting the business community as it prepares for the challenge of achieving sustainability.
The core sustainability challenge facing businesses today is the ability to foresee, respond to and manage the strategic impacts arising from such issues as: increasing natural resource scarcity, climate change, poverty, inequality and changing stakeholder expectations in different localities.
We are committed to equipping managers and decision-makers with the requisite skills to create and implement sustainable and responsible strategies through our management development programmes, actionable research, and constructive engagement with industry and policy makers.
Latest news in Sustainable Business
- Lava Flow From Hawaii Volcano Could Threaten HomesScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2014-08-27
- California Quake Warning System Delayed By Lack Of MoneyScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2014-08-26
- Plastic Bag Ban Stalls in California amid Manufacturers’ OppositionScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2014-08-26
- Exxon Mobil Unit To Pay $1.4 Million For Louisiana Oil SpillScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2014-08-26
- Whale-Watching Found to Stress Out WhalesScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2014-08-26
- Agroecosystems, IllustratedScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2014-08-26
- Habitat Loss a Real Buzzkill for InvertebratesScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2014-08-26
- Iceland Volcano Struck By Biggest Earthquake Yet, Still No EruptionScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2014-08-26
Dr Kenneth Amaeshi - Sustainable Business in Emerging Markets
Dr Kenneth Amaeshi, Senior Lecturer in Strategy & International Business, presents Sustainable Business in Emerging ...
The Sustainable Business Initiative: Partnership with Lagos Business School
Dr Akintola Owolabi, Senior Lecturer at Lagos Business School talks about the reasons behind partnering with the ...
Interview with James Niven, Tridos Bank
Interview with James Niven, Tridos Bank in September 2012 at the Implementing Sustainable Banking Principles Executive ...