Welcome to the University of Edinburgh’s Sustainable Business Initiative. It is the Business School’s contribution to supporting the business community as it prepares for the challenge of achieving sustainability.
The core sustainability challenge facing businesses today is the ability to foresee, respond to and manage the strategic impacts arising from such issues as: increasing natural resource scarcity, climate change, poverty, inequality and changing stakeholder expectations in different localities.
We are committed to equipping managers and decision-makers with the requisite skills to create and implement sustainable and responsible strategies through our management development programmes, actionable research, and constructive engagement with industry and policy makers.
Latest news in Sustainable Business
- Dig This: China Cuts Coal Production
- Every Life Has Equal Value (Part 2): @gatesfoundation CEO Susan Desmond-Hellmann w @sciam Editor-in-Chief @mdichristina, Sci Talk podcast
- Every Life Has Equal Value (Part 1): Gates Foundation CEO Dr. Susan Desmond-Hellmann with Scientific American EIC Mariette DiChristina
- Senators Vote in Circles about Global Warming and the Keystone XL Pipeline
- Fossil Fuel Subsidies Finally Trending Down, But Not In US
- Nuclear Power Needs to Double to Curb Global Warming
- Rarely Seen Saharan Cheetah Revealed in Incredible Photos
- Vertical Gardens Beat Soil Made Salty by Climate Change
Dr Kenneth Amaeshi - Sustainable Business in Emerging Markets
Dr Kenneth Amaeshi, Senior Lecturer in Strategy & International Business, presents Sustainable Business in Emerging ...
The Sustainable Business Initiative: Partnership with Lagos Business School
Dr Akintola Owolabi, Senior Lecturer at Lagos Business School talks about the reasons behind partnering with the ...
Interview with James Niven, Tridos Bank
Interview with James Niven, Tridos Bank in September 2012 at the Implementing Sustainable Banking Principles Executive ...