Welcome to the University of Edinburgh’s Sustainable Business Initiative. It is the Business School’s contribution to supporting the business community as it prepares for the challenge of achieving sustainability.
The core sustainability challenge facing businesses today is the ability to foresee, respond to and manage the strategic impacts arising from such issues as: increasing natural resource scarcity, climate change, poverty, inequality and changing stakeholder expectations in different localities.
We are committed to equipping managers and decision-makers with the requisite skills to create and implement sustainable and responsible strategies through our management development programmes, actionable research, and constructive engagement with industry and policy makers.
Latest news in Sustainable Business
- ALEC Gears Up For 2014SustainableBusiness.com General News | 2013-12-04
- Soft Costs Most Expensive Part of Solar Installation, NREL SaysSustainableBusiness.com General News | 2013-12-04
- Dangerous Global Warming Closer than You Think, Climate Scientists SayScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2013-12-04
- A GMO Apple?SustainableBusiness.com General News | 2013-12-04
- Safe Limit for Global Warming Is Lowered Dramatically by ExpertsScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2013-12-03
- How to share your office space, the right waySustainable Business Industries | 2013-12-03
- Humans Are Becoming More CarnivorousScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2013-12-03
- Reuse: the next wave for water conservation?Sustainable Business Industries | 2013-12-03