Welcome to the University of Edinburgh’s Sustainable Business Initiative. It is the Business School’s contribution to supporting the business community as it prepares for the challenge of achieving sustainability.
The core sustainability challenge facing businesses today is the ability to foresee, respond to and manage the strategic impacts arising from such issues as: increasing natural resource scarcity, climate change, poverty, inequality and changing stakeholder expectations in different localities.
We are committed to equipping managers and decision-makers with the requisite skills to create and implement sustainable and responsible strategies through our management development programmes, actionable research, and constructive engagement with industry and policy makers.
Latest news in Sustainable Business
- Landmark Climate Deal Hammered Out by European LeadersScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2014-10-24
- South Miami Wants to Secede from Florida Over Climate ChangeSustainableBusiness.com General News | 2014-10-24
- Soldier Flies: The New Food for Farm FishScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2014-10-24
- Solving Energy Poverty Need Not Trash the AtmosphereScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2014-10-24
- Get Out There And Lay Some Compost!SustainableBusiness.com General News | 2014-10-24
- Indian Vultures Are Dying for Some Good NewsScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2014-10-23
- Cheap Solar Power Becomes Employee PerkScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2014-10-23
- Science Sailing near the 60th ParallelScientific American – Energy & Sustainability | 2014-10-23
Dr Kenneth Amaeshi - Sustainable Business in Emerging Markets
Dr Kenneth Amaeshi, Senior Lecturer in Strategy & International Business, presents Sustainable Business in Emerging ...
The Sustainable Business Initiative: Partnership with Lagos Business School
Dr Akintola Owolabi, Senior Lecturer at Lagos Business School talks about the reasons behind partnering with the ...
Interview with James Niven, Tridos Bank
Interview with James Niven, Tridos Bank in September 2012 at the Implementing Sustainable Banking Principles Executive ...