Business in the Arts is an eight-week programme that combines academic study with an opportunity to work in an Edinburgh Festival production company or venue. It provides a unique opportunity to gain skills, knowledge and experience in the arts and culture sector.
Business in the Arts provides an introduction to the business environment with a focus on the arts/culture sector.
- skills and knowledge relevant to the arts and entertainment business; and
- experience working in the arts and culture sector.
The programme includes:
- A four-week academic programme at the University of Edinburgh Business School.
- A four-week internship in an Edinburgh Festival production company or venue.
- Self-catered accommodation in shared, centrally-located accommodation.
In addition, we arrange:
- Airport transfers by a programme representative for all participants arriving on Saturday 28th June 2014.
- A comprehensive induction and orientation programme.
- A welcome dinner.
- A day excursion to the Highlands of Scotland.
- Comprehensive on-programme support to ensure participants get the most from the programme and also to deal with any concerns.
|Wednesday 16th April 2014||Application deadline|
|Saturday 28th June - Sunday 29th June 2014||Programme induction|
|Monday 30th June - Friday 25th July 2014||Academic programme|
|Monday 28th July - Friday 22nd August 2014||Internship|
|Saturday 28th June - Sunday 24th August 2014||Accommodation available|