15 December 2021
Edinburgh's annual Christmas Fair continues this year, and it is very much in the Christmas spirit. It is a fun and exciting fair with Christmas costumes, rides, and stores. Whether you are a student, a teacher, or a local, you can find your own happiness in the Christmas market. Get your friends and family together!
- Dates: 20 November 2021 to 02 January 2022
- Location: East Princes Street Gardens, George Street, and St Andrew’s Square
- Admission: This year's Christmas Market only has two entrances, one at the Waverley Bridge by the train station and one next door to the Royal Scottish Academy (in front of the National Gallery) on Princes Street.
- Check out the Techno Power ride, but remember not to eat too much beforehand!
- To go skating you may need to book a slot in advance
- Weekends are generally very busy
- Remember to wear warm clothes!
- Show proof of your Edinburgh post code to get a 20% discount
Forth 1 Big Wheel
This is one of the most popular rides in the whole Christmas market! At night, the Ferris wheel will light up with colourful lights, illuminating the beautiful Prince Street. It can be a bit cold on the wheel, so it is recommended to wear warm clothes when you go up.
Cost: £10 per person
One of the most beautiful rides in the whole Christmas market! The carousel plays Christmas songs while it is spinning, creating a lovely festive atmosphere.
Cost: £4 per person
This is the most exciting ride in the whole Christmas market!
Cost: £10 per person
Located in Santaland under Princes Street. It is recommended not to eat too much before riding the waltzers.
Cost: £5 per person
Next to the market gate is a store where you can smell the aroma from afar and can be the first one to try.
There are always many people lining up for pancake and crepes, both of which are very tasty and highly recommended.
If you are tired of eating fries, give the potato tower a try.
This salmon is baked over an open fire with charcoal and is very tasty.
The most popular drink at Christmas must be mulled wine. Aromatic, warm red wine mixed with spices; perfect for the cold weather.
Yijia Gao is studying MSc Finance at the Business School.
Chat with Yijia on Unibuddy.