Dr Omaima Hatem
Lecturer in Entrepreneurship & InnovationEmail: T21haW1hLkhhdGVtQGVkLmFjLnVr
Phone: +44(0)131 6503815
Omaima Hatem holds a PhD in International Business and Strategic Entrepreneurship from the University of Edinburgh Business School; she also holds a BSc in Engineering and an MSc in Management from the American University in Cairo.
Prior to her academic career she established a diversified group of companies to include a number of manufacturing and international trading firms that extended services to cover African, European and South American countries. She completed executive education at Harvard and MIT in Leadership and Strategic Management.
Dr Hatem lectures at the University of Edinburgh Business School in the fields of entrepreneurship, strategy and international business with specific interest in emerging markets. Her research interests include:
- International, Strategic and Portfolio Entrepreneurship in Emerging Markets
- High Growth and Rapid Internationalization of Multinationals from the Emerging Market of the MENA region.
Currently, she lectures at University of Edinburgh Business School in the areas of entrepreneurial challenge:
- new venture creation
- international entrepreneurship
- family business
- entrepreneurial opportunities in Africa.
- International Entrepreneurship in Emerging Markets
- Strategic Entrepreneurship and internationalization of emerging economies enterprises
- The growth and development of innovative international entrepreneurial firms
- The role of Strategic and Portfolio Entrepreneurship in explaining rapid international growth in emerging markets
- Family businesses and Entrepreneurship
- Historical development of International business strategy
Virtanen, Stenvall, Kinder and Hatam. (2018) Financial Accountability and Management. 1-5.
Malfense Fierro, Noble, Hatem and Balunywa. (2017) Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development.
The challenge of becoming a successful entrepreneur in a hostile context: The example of Mohamed Ibrahim, the founder of MSI and Celtel
Hatem. (2016). 129-136.
Hatem and Sherbiny. (2015).
Understanding Hyper-growth International Entrepreneurship: Location Advantage, International Entrepreneurship and Strategic Management’
Hatem and Harris. (2009).