Benefits for Your Business
- A succinct report and short presentation outlining ideas for solving your innovation challenge
- Analysis of current approach and identification of future options for innovation
- Use our students for a project you may not have the resources to tackle in-house
Why Work with Our MSc Entrepreneurship and Innovation Students?
Our Entrepreneurship and Innovation MSc attracts students with a wide range of backgrounds, many of whom bring insights from their prior working experience in a variety of academic, business and regional contexts.
What Kinds of Project are Suitable?
We seek established organisations with a project, service, process or activity, technology or business model where the company seeks to explore avenues for creating new value through incremental or radical innovation. Example projects can include:
- What kinds of new products should the company pursue?
- How can existing services be redesigned to better fit the needs of consumers?
- How can the firm harness digital technologies in changing existing products or services?
- What is the scope for innovation in the existing business model?
- What are the key disruptive trends for the company for the next 20 years and how can you capitalise on these?
- Openly share information on the business
- Provide time to brief and engage with the students
- Have physical premises which can be seen and experienced by the students
- Be located in Edinburgh and accessible by public transport
Projects typically take place between January and April.
|Contact Partnership Development to Discuss Your Project||May to November|
|Prospective Clients Submit Project Proposals||Deadline: End of November|
|Projects Assigned to Groups||Early January|
|Initial Group/Client Meeting to Draw Up Project Plan||Early January|
|Main Project Work||Between January and March|
|Delivery of Report and Client Presentations||Late March|