- Friday 15 May 2020
During the academic year 2019/20, we celebrate 100 years of teaching business and we're pleased to be creating a number of special events that give you a chance to connect with alumni from the Business School.
Our Alumni 100 Virtual Conference will be one of the key events during our celebrations and we look forward to engaging with Business School alumni and students around the world.
The conference, 'Alumni 100—Positive Leadership During a Global Crisis' will be hosted by alumna Shelly-Ann Gajadhar, CEO of Alphastute.
The agenda includes:
- Professor Wendy Loretto, Dean of the Business School
Short talks from around the globe, including:
- Amany Abu Al Qumboz, Gender Project Associate at the UN Population Fund in Palestine
- Radu Marian, MP, Parliament of the Republic of Moldova
- Victoria Feldman, Global Leadership Development Manager at Uber in San Francisco
- Nicola McGowan, VP, Global Communications from Marelli in Tokyo
- Christine Pedler, Enterprise Account Manager at Microsoft in London
- Utsava Kasera, COO at the Vidisha Group from Kanpur, India
Leading in a Crisis Panel Session
An open discussion between alumni leading their companies through this turbulent time. Speakers include:
- Garry Wilson, CEO of Easyjet Holidays
- Olive Darragh, CEO of Darragh Inc
- Andy MacMillan, CEO of User Testing
- Stephen White, Executive Director and COO, Yorkshire Building Society
- Ian Walker, Senior Director, Global Impact Team, Johnson and Johnson
Whether you are a recent graduate or a more established member of the network, we do hope you will be able to join us.
An exciting part of the 100th Anniversary and something that will be a key feature of the legacy of the celebrations, the Alumni 100 list showcases how our alumni have taken on the mantle from Margaret Stevenson Miller and continue to pave the way in their chosen fields. The list has been created to inspire our current students, to demonstrate what can be achieved after graduation, and to illustrate the calibre of our alumni network.