- Monday 23 September 2019
- Barry Connelly; Managing Director, Everyday Banking; Royal Bank of Scotland
- Kristen Bennie; Head of Open Experience; Royal Bank of Scotland (also board member of CodeClan)
- Giles Cuthbert; Managing Director; Chartered Banker Institute
- Andrew Pickett; Co Founder; Sharein
- Dr Gbenga Ibikunle; Director of MSc Finance Technology and Policy; University of Edinburgh Business School
This event is the first of a series which looks at the various facets of Fintech. It coincides with the launch of the new MSc in Finance, Technology and Policy.
This panel event will comprise a series of brief practitioner presentations from different sectors of the Finance industry – big and small, incumbents and disruptors - to illustrate the different levels of adoption/application and the corresponding opportunities and challenges. A uniting theme will be the need for talent to take advantage of all the opportunities. Do we have the talent in Scotland? Are we educating and training our students to have the right skills set? What is the right skills set?
The event starts at 18:30 (coffee and registration from 18:00), and will be followed by a networking drinks reception from 20:00.
About the MSc Finance, Technology and Policy and the Edinburgh Futures Institute
This Master’s degree is being launched as part of the newly established Edinburgh Futures Institute at the University. Although led by the Business School, this programme draws on expert knowledge and research across a number of disciplines within the University. This allows students to benefit from different approaches and viewpoints on how to tackle complex problems such as the ones being faced globally by financial markets and financial services firms.