- Tuesday 20 February 2018
Conference Room (4th floor)
- Dr Aida Ponce del Castillo; Senior Researcher; European Trade Union Institute
Dr Kristina Potocnik and Dr Sara Chaudhry
Keynote Speakers and Seminar Contents
We are happy to welcome as our keynote speaker Dr Aída Ponce del Castillo, senior researcher at the European Trade Union Institute.
In this seminar, we will:
- Summarise the relevant European and UK legislation when dealing with collective mediation
- Describe the main stages of mediation
- Outline the most common employment disputes
- Identify users’ best practices and challenges to engage in collective mediation
- Share mediators’ best practices and rules for intervening effectively in collective mediation
- Discuss policymakers’ best practices to tackle difficulties arising from collective mediation
Participants of the seminar will consist of legal expert members of the University of Edinburgh Business School, ACAS, and ETUI, and will be of interest to senior trade union officials from national/sectoral affiliates, expert mediators and representatives of different users of collective conflict mediation systems.