- Thursday 29 March 2018
- Owen Kelly (Chair); Director of Engagement; University of Edinburgh Business School
- Leigh-Ann Plenderleith; Head of Brexit Actuarial; Standard Aberdeen
- Anthony Walters; Head of Public Affairs; ACCA
- Roger Mullin; Former MP for Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath; Scottish National Party
- Lucy O’Carroll; Chief Economist ; Aberdeen Standard Investments
On 29 March it will be one year since the enactment of Article 50, announcing the withdrawal of the UK from the European Union, but as we reach the anniversary of that announcement are we really any closer to an agreement with Europe? This discussion will consider what will happen if there is No Deal – an outcome that will remain possible right up until the end of the process -and explore the potential impact on Scotland’s services industry and, in particular, financial services.
The panel will discuss issues like the ‘passporting’ of investment products and services, the freedom of movement of people, where we will be able to get new talent and the impact of professional standards within Europe. The event will feature a panel which will discuss these issues and answer questions from the audience.
This event is being held jointly with the Professional Bodies’ Forum of Scotland which includes eleven of the leading professional bodies and institutes active in Scotland in the disciplines of Accounting, Banking, Pensions, Surveying and Law.