- Thursday 7 November 2019
- £400 per session
- Carole Cran CA; CFO Forth Ports; Chair of the Audit Committee, Halma plc
These include providing oversight of the complete financial reporting and compliance process, establishing an ethical framework to ensure integrity and accountability, and identifying and assessing the different types of risk to which the organisation is likely to be exposed.
In this session, Carole will share her thoughts on the role of the Audit Committee in today’s regulatory and political climate. The session will discuss, among other things:
- The role of the committee
- The importance of the relationships that are formed, in particular with the CFO and the external audit partner
- Some of the newer aspects of an Audit Committee’s responsibilities
Working in small groups, participants will address real examples of issues facing audit committees across a variety of sectors and organisations. Collectively you will be able to assess each situation and what action to take as a Committee when it comes to advising the Board and all relevant stakeholders.
Overview of Further Upcoming Sessions
- 21 November: The Fusion of New Technology with Financial Services – FinTech: An opportunity for NXDs
- 5 December: The Remuneration and Nominations Committees
For detailed information please see the course outline, or contact Professor John Amis who would be happy to discuss programme content and suitability:
firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)131 651 5545