As the responsibilities and accountabilities of Non-Executive Directors intensify, so the support, knowledge and experience required also increase. But where can you get practical insight for the development of NXDs, for the real issues they have to deal with? January's session 5 features Gary Hughes, Chairman, Audit Committee, Booker Group plc, speaking about 'The Audit Committee'.
Non-Executive (NXD) Directors Programme: Session Five 'The Audit Committee'📅18 January 2018
⏲18:00 - 20:00 (2 hours)
👤Gary Hughes, Chairman, Audit Committee, Booker Group plc
👤Professor John Amis, Chair in Strategic Management & Organisation, University of Edinburgh Business School
New NXD Development Programme: Session 5
Gary Hughes, Chairman, Audit Committee, Booker Group plc, speaking about 'The Audit Committee'.
Join us here at the Business school to find out:
- How to manage Boardroom Dynamics
- How to influence a Board where there is a dominant Chairman and robust CEO
- How to manage conflict round a Board
- Learn the true role of a NXD in crisis or potential crisis situations
- Learn how to ask the right questions and know how to test and constructively challenge what is being presented
Each session will run from 6pm - 8pm at the University of Edinburgh Business School.
The programme consists of four evening sessions and are very practically focused, led by an experienced Chair/NXD in the subject matter. This will be accompanied by academic input from Business School faculty, case studies, work groups and significant informal discussion and Q&A. Whilst each session has a main topic, the discussions and questioning will not be limited to this and are likely to be wide-ranging.
- Thursday 5 October: Boardroom Dynamics
- Tuesday 24 October: The Audit Committee
- Thursday 9 November: The Remuneration Committee
- Thursday 7 December: Crisis/Potential Crisis Solution
For more detailed information please see the course outline below.✎
Conference Room & Roof Terrace
University of Edinburgh Business School
29 Buccleuch Place, Edinburgh, Lothian EH8 9JS, United Kingdom
👤 Executive Education Enquiries
✉ UEBS Executive Education enquiries
📞 0131 651 5245