- Thursday 10 October 2019
- Norman Murray (chair of panel); Chair; ICAS Ethics Board
- Rebecca Aston (speaker); Head of Professional Standards; Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment
- Paul Boyle (panellist); Chair; Protect (a whistle blowing charity)
- Guendalina Dondé (panellist); Senior Researcher; Institute of Business Ethics
- Catriona Paisey (speaker); Professor in Accounting; University of Glasgow
- Elaine MacGlone; Equality and Diversity Manager; The Law Society of Scotland
In this joint event with ICAS and CISI, our speakers and panellists will discuss how to handle real life ethical dilemmas, and the importance of an organisational culture which supports speaking up and proper listening and action.
Catriona Paisey will present the ICAS research report “Speak up? Listen up? Whistle-blow? – How ICAS members respond to ethical dilemmas” which she co-authored with Nick Paisey and Ioannis Tsalavoutas. This will be followed by an interactive presentation from Rebecca Aston on real life case studies.
Each presentation will be followed by a brief Q&A.
Catriona and Rebecca will then be joined by a panel of experts drawn from a range of organisations to provide their own perspectives and to take questions from the audience.
Registration and coffee from 18:00; the event will be followed at 20:00 by a networking drinks reception.