- Tuesday 4 October 2022
- Julian Rawel, MBA Programme Director
- Copil Yáñez, MBA Relationship Manager
This online event offers an overview of the part-time Executive MBA programme and our programme requirements. Delivered by an internationally renowned faculty over two years, our triple-accredited programme combines advanced academic theory and practical application with one-to-one coaching in small but diverse classes.
Guided by our Three Pillars, Strategic Leadership, Professional Development, and a Personalised Approach, our EMBA offers a world-class MBA experience.
For this session, we focus on Strategic Leadership, with a talk led by our MBA Programme Director, Julian Rawel. Our MBA Relationship Manager, Copil Yanez, will also be on hand to answer your questions about the EMBA.
Successful businesses in the future will be those which can confidently steer a path through a world characterised by competition, rapid technological development and economic turbulence.
Businesses need leaders who can:
- seize opportunities for efficiency, innovation and new business models
- manage the risks and challenges involved
- think and act strategically in this volatile environment
- act responsibly in delivering value to all stakeholders
New ways of thinking and acting
We will deepen your understanding in:
- how businesses and markets work
- how value is created through innovation and marketing
- how strategies are crafted
- how value is delivered efficiently and effectively
- how businesses are financed
- how performance is measured
- how organisations should be governed, managed and led through change
We will develop your ability to think strategically and beyond disciplinary silos by:
- instilling a passion for business improvement, innovation and entrepreneurial action that will allow you to lead in growing or creating new business opportunities
- applying skill training and professional development in order to help you understand your leadership strengths and weaknesses and provide support for your improvement.
Julian is an experienced entrepreneur, board member and postgraduate/undergraduate/executive education tutor. He has taught extensively in the areas of marketing and strategy at UK and international business schools.
Julian spent 16 years with UK tour operator, Eurocamp, principally heading up the sales and marketing function as Group Sales and Marketing Director and was one of four directors to take the company through a £32m management buyout and £60m stock market flotation. In the 1990s he was asked to set up the marketing for Britain’s biggest museum development, the £42.5m Royal Armouries Museum in Leeds, UK. This he did, leaving at the end of the decade to set up a consultancy business specialising in marketing and strategy for service industry companies.
Julian started his business school teaching activity in 2000 at Bradford University School of Management (England). He was also Director of Studies, Masters Programmes, at TiasNimbas business school in the Netherlands from 2005 to 2007. From 2007 to 2013 Julian was Director of Executive Education/Associate Dean Employer Engagement at Bradford.
In October 2013 Julian again changed direction setting up his new consultancy company, Market Echoes and continuing with his teaching activity.
From 2018 to 2021 he was a board member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing, the world’s largest professional marketing association as well as a Fellow and Chartered Marketer of the institute. He has also been a main board executive director of Eurocamp plc and a main board non-executive director of ABTA (Association of British Travel Agents) and AITO (Association of Independent Tour Operators). He has also been a Council member of Bradford Chamber of Commerce (UK) and a committee member of the Association of Business Schools Executive Education committee.