If you are interested in transferring credit towards your University of Edinburgh MBA or Executive MBA, please note the following conditions of doing so:
- Credits are transferred as Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) and do not form part of the degree programme.
- In order to transfer this credit, you must pass the course. The pass mark for each course is 50%.
- Up to 20 credits (10 credits per course, so up to 2 courses) can be put towards our MBA or EMBA programmes.
- You have up to 3 years from the date of credit award, determined by ratification of the Exam Board, to the start date of the MBA/EMBA programme (not the date of application to the programme) to transfer the credit towards an MBA or EMBA.
- You will still need to make a full application to and be accepted to the University of Edinburgh MBA or Executive MBA (EMBA) postgraduate degree, and have the credit transfer approved at the time of application.
- The actual mark(s) achieved in courses transferred via RPL will not be included in any calculation of the final grade average achieved for the MBA or EMBA, and therefore the classification of the degree.
- The transcript received at the end of the MBA or EMBA will not specifically mention the names of these course(s) taken, as these credits are transferred as RPL.
Please Note: We can only advise on University of Edinburgh programmes, and cannot comment on whether or not it is possible to use your credits for a course at other institutions. This will need to be discussed with them directly, and is at their discretion.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Executive Education Team if you have any queries.