Idiosyncratic deals in distinctive contexts: A three-paper thesis
Dotun's research focuses on idiosyncratic deals (I-deals for short), occuring in distinctive contexts. Specifically, she investigates how elements operating at different levels (socio-institutional, sectorial, organisational, gorups and individuals) in a society interact to shape the emergence of personalised employment arrangements negotiated between employees and their employers, and the ensuing meaning that multiple actors give to such phenomena.
Her research philosophy prioritises research in context, maintains that social science research is socially and historically conditioned, and that intimacy with cases is fundamental to understanding organisational phenomena.
- Sara Chaudhry
- Maryam Aldossari
- Yumeng Yue
Dotun Ayeni is a doctoral researcher and Human Resource Management professional. Before her PhD programme, she earned an MSc (with distinction) in International Human Resource Management from the University of Edinburgh Business School, a Masters in Managerial Psychology from the University of Lagos, Nigeria, and a Bachelor of Arts in European Studies from the University of Ibadan, also in Nigeria.
A Chartered Member of the CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development) UK and the CIPM (Chartered Institute of Personnel Management) Nigeria, Dotun brings extensive knowledge as a Human Resource Management Leader and Entrepreneur to her research and teaching, having run her consulting practice and co-founded two successful businesses in her home country, Nigeria.
Her research interests broadly cover employment relationships with a specific focus on idiosyncratic deals, the psychological contract in times of uncertainty, evolving global talent management practices, and managing a multicultural workforce.
Education and Qualifications
|Institute of Academic Development, University of Edinburgh||Academic Practice Postgraduate Certificate (PgCAP)||2021–present|
|University of Edinburgh Business School||PhD Management||2018–present|
|University of Edinburgh Business School||MSc International Human Resource Management (with Distinction)||2017–2018|
|University of Lagos||Master of Managerial Psychology||2009–2012|
|University of Ibadan, Nigeria||BA European Studies (Russian)||1999–2004|
Professional and Voluntary Experience
- Graduate Teaching Assistant (2019–present)
- Graduate Research Assistant (2019–2022)
- Founder/CEO, F316 Consulting (2013–Present)
- Co-Founder/Director, Blackhouse Media Group (2009–2013)
- HR Executive, Rosaab International (2007–2009)
- Peer Mentor: Postgraduate Research Students Peer-Mentoring Scheme, University of Edinburgh Business School (2020–2022)
- Doctoral Society Rep, University of Edinburgh Business School (2020-2021)
- Doctoral Society Rep, Research Degrees Committee (RDC), University of Edinburgh Business School (2020-2021)
- Doctoral Society Rep, Postgraduate Research Committee (RC), University of Edinburgh Business School (2020–2021)
- Student Rep, Organisation Studies Group, University of Edinburgh Business School (2020–2021)
- Class Rep, MSc International Human Resource Management, University of Edinburgh Business School (2017–2018)