Abhishek Srivastav joined the University of Edinburgh as a Senior Lecturer in Finance in 2019. Prior to this, he was a Lecturer at the University of Leeds. Abhishek holds a BE (Honours) in Civil Engineering and an MBA from BITS-Pilani (India), and graduated with a PhD from the University of Edinburgh in 2015.
Abhishek's research interests include financial intermediation (bank risk-taking, community banks, and bank transparency), corporate governance, and asset management. He is also pursuing some research projects that focus on the impact of FinTech on traditional banks.
Abhishek's research has been published in leading finance and accounting journals, such as the Journal of Accounting and Economics, Journal of Corporate Finance, and Journal of Banking and Finance. His work has also been presented at various finance conferences, such as Financial Management Association meetings, ISB Summer Research Conference, CSBS Community Banking Conference, and the FDIC Annual Research Conference.
- Srivastav, A., Keasey, K., Mollah, S. and Vallascas, F., 2017. CEO turnover in large banks: Does tail risk matter? Journal of Accounting and Economics, 64(1), pp.37-55.
- King, T., Srivastav, A. and Williams, J., 2016. What's in an education? Implications of CEO education for bank performance. Journal of Corporate Finance, 37, pp.287-308.
- Srivastav, A., Armitage, S. and Hagendorff, J., 2014. CEO inside debt holdings and risk-shifting: Evidence from bank payout policies. Journal of Banking & Finance, 47, pp.41-53.
- Srivastav, A., Armitage, S., Hagendorff, J. and King, T., 2018. Better safe than sorry? CEO inside debt and risk-taking in bank acquisitions. Journal of Financial Stability, 36, pp.208-224.
- Srivastav, A. and Hagendorff, J., 2016. Corporate governance and bank risk‐taking. Corporate Governance: An International Review, 24(3), pp.334-345.