Roles and Responsibilities
Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Strategic entrepreneurship
- Small business management (SBM)
- Small & medium size enterprises (SME)
- Innovation & entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial leadership
- Corporate entrepreneurship
- Change management
- Business models / business model innovation
- Internationalisation of MNEs and SMEs from emerging markets
- Strategy implementation & process
- Strategy process
Since 2008, Dr Ian Gordon has been immersed in all aspects of higher education; teaching, publishing research, designing and delivering business engagement programmes. He has contributed to the strategic leadership within the higher education sector producing and enacting corporate plans for executive education. He has also worked in a number of UK and international business schools enhancing their connectivity with business through the delivery of workshops and master classes in the area of Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Business Growth and Cultural Change. His background is that of a senior company director, having started, grown, sold and exited a number of companies in the telecommunications, construction and retail industries. Prior to that he spent 10 years as an Electronic Engineer in the oil-industry and Merchant Navy.
I'm interested in the role of non-executive director in SMEs and the impact of social networks, trust and the creation of social capital.