The changes brought about by the internet over the last twenty years are nothing compared to what is to come over the next few years. No industry, no organisation is immune from the threat of digital disruption and with labour markets being transformed by artificial intelligence and automation, no individual is immune. A new breed of senior executive is required to drive digital transformation - Digital Business Leaders. Is your organisation ready for digital change? Are you ready?
Digital Leadership Masterclass📅13 October 2016
⏲09:00 - 14 October 17:00 (2 days)
👤Dr Jim Hamill, Director, Future Digital Leaders
£895 - Early Bird Ticket Price
£1050 - Standard Ticket Price
Below you will find out more information on this dynamic Masterclass. However if you are still not yet completely ready to register, or sure that this is the perfect Masterclass for you, then please use the link just below this introduction in order to request a personal call back from Dr Jim Hamill. Jim would be delighted to provde you with further detailed information and answer any questions you may have.
We live in an era of disruptive technology. The convergence of Mobile Connectivity, Social Media, Enterprise Social, the Cloud, Big Data, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligent and Automation, combined with the rapid emergence of a new generation of constantly connected customers/ employees (Gen C), is threatening to reshape markets faster than any force in history. The advent of ‘the Blockchain’ holds the potential of transforming everything from banking to government to our own personal identities.
With a recent report suggesting that four out of ten industry incumbents across a broad spectrum of sectors could be displaced by digital disruption over the next five years, many organisations are on the verge of becoming ‘digital dinosaurs’ due to their inability to adapt. No industry, no organisation is immune from the threat of being disrupte. Equally, no individual is immune - 40 per cent of jobs could be replaced by digital technology over the next two decades. Transforming digitally is the number one business challenge facing organisations today. Staying relevant in a digital world is the number one personal challenge we are all currently facing.
As a consequence, a new breed of senior executive is required – Digital Business Leaders; leaders who can combine high level business knowledge, experience and understanding with the ability to develop digital transformation strategies fully aligned with and supportive of agreed business goals and objectives. Leaders who possess both the confidence and personal skills to drive digital-led organisational change.
Aims and Outcomes
Using very practical tools and templates contained in Dr Jim Hamill’s ‘Digital Business Transformation Toolkit’, the two-day bootcamp will disseminate best practice strategic and practical advice in becoming a Future Digital Leader. The programme will equip participants with the knowledge and practical skills required for developing, implementing and proactively managing a successful Digital Transformation Strategy for their own organisation.
On completion of the programme, and utilising the diagnostic tools and templates contained in the ‘Digital Business Transformation Toolkit’, participants will have acquired the knowledge and practical skills to:
- Undertake a digital disruption landscape analysis for their organisation; the opportunities and threats presented.
- Set up a digital and social media listening system.
- Develop an agreed Digital Strategy for their organisation.
- Agree the core business objectives, goals and targets to be achieved.
- Identify the key digital initiatives to be implemented and an ‘Action Plan’ for getting there.
- Agree the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), metrics and analytics to be used in measuring digital performance, business impact and ROI.
- Ensure that all key success factors have been considered.
- Establish your personal brand as a Future Digital Leader.
Content is structured around the WHY, WHAT, HOW and WHO of successful digital transformation focusing on six key themes:
- The Digital and Social Media Revolutions: business impact of disruptive technologies; the Internet, Social Media, Mobile, the Cloud, Big Data, the Internet of Things, Blockchain; digital customers and Generation C.
- ‘External Digital’: the use of digital and social media technologies for building customer engagement; the new rules of sales, marketing and PR; social customer service; content marketing; big data and predictive analytics; real time engagement as the new marketing.
- ‘Internal Digital’: the use of digital and social technologies within the business to improve internal communications and knowledge transfer; achieve operational efficiencies; build agile, fast moving flexible organisations; improve staff engagement and morale; drive change towards a more customer centred organisational culture. ‘Enterprise Social’ tools and software. Big data, the Internet of Things, Industry 4.0.
- Digital Strategy Development: new business models and digital business transformation; how to develop a digital vision and strategy customised to the specific needs of your own organisation and customers; agreeing KPIs and targets.
- Digital Strategy Implementation: key success factors in implementing digital transformation programmes; people, technology, organisation, culture, project management, overcoming resistance to change; the role and characteristics of a successful Digital Leader.
- Measuring Digital Performance and Organisational Impact: the 6Is approach; the growing importance of data and predictive analytics; tools for tracking consumer behaviour; social media listening tools.
Each session will be highly interactive with plenty of time for questions and two-way discussion. A ‘business first’ rather than ‘technology led’ approach will be adopted at all times ensuring that the digital actions and initiatives you implement are fully aligned with and supportive of core business goals and objectives.
Participants will be supported by an Online Resource Community before, during and after the two-day session.
On the afternoon of Day 1, a ‘Digital Leaders Forum’ will be held where three to four external industry experts will present and discuss their real time experiences of implementing successful digital transformation strategies. Speakers will come from a range of different industries, including public and private sector organisations.
There will be an open panel session for questions and further discussion.
The course was superb - very enjoyable and highly informative. I have felt energised ever since!
I feel totally invigorated and optimistic that older business leaders have a vital role to play so as long as they embrace digital with both hands and work with our millennials leading organisations to the bright digital future.
Excellent presentations, the content of the course was spot on. It has re-invigorated me, and I am really excited about moving things forward.
Who will Benefit from the Course?
- CEOs and Senior Executives, from both the private and public sectors, tasked with the responsibility of creating responsive organisations in an era of turbulent digital change.
- Business Owners wishing to exploit the full potential of digital technology and social media for achieving sustained growth and competitiveness.
- Middle Managers responsible for developing and implementing Digital Strategies for their own are of responsibility.
- Junior Managers and recent graduates wishing to develop careers as Digital Leaders.
- Those already working in digital requiring to update their skills and knowledge.
Early Bird Registration Fee £895
Standard registration price £1,050
Early Bird registration price of £895 has now been extended until 23rd of September!
There is a 20% discount for the staff and alumni of University of Edinburgh.
Group discounts are also available.
Please note registration closes on 30th September✎
Conference Room & Roof Terrace
University of Edinburgh Business School
29 Buccleuch Place, Edinburgh, Lothian EH8 9JS, United Kingdom
👤 Executive Education Enquiries
📞 0131 651 5245