Company sponsored dissertations
A company sponsored dissertation (CSD) involves a student carrying out an authoritative piece of work on a business or management issue identified by a project client.
The work will typically take an in-depth look into a defined research area and result in a substantial report containing extensive research, rigorous analysis and practical conclusions.
- Real project defined by a company's business needs
- Enhances your technical skills, also developing further transferable skills
- Gain an insight into the sponsoring company
- You get to network and raise your profile
- Enhances employability and adds to your CV
Past companies have included:
- Free Agent
- Lloyds Banking Group
- LLH (B&C)
Career and Employability Treks
We provide students with the opportunity to visit organisations and engage with industry and business professionals in their own environments.
Please note: Treks may be in and around Edinburgh or further afield and may have limited places
- Developing your knowledge of an industry, sector, or geographical location in order to make informed career choices
- Get a feel for the culture, people, and values of specific companies
- Build your network of industry professionals and alumni
Past trek locations for our Human Resource Management programme have included Amazon and Diageo.
Within modules of the programme our academic team bring in senior figures from relevant international organisations to talk about specific subject matter and its application to real world working challenges.
These lectures are followed by the opportunity to network further with the speaker and gain valuable career insight and advice from experienced professionals.
Organisations represented in the past include:
- Edinburgh Airport
- John Lewis Partnership
- Procter & Gamble
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- Standard Life