Practitioner focused projects
During your MSc you may select courses which are practitioner focused and consultancy based. Engaging with practitioners in this way assists with the real-life application of marketing theory, and creates opportunities to contribute to real business challenges. Projects offer the opportunity to engage directly with clients and present your findings back to the business.
Past companies have included:
- Cobbs Bakery - Group Marketing Project to launch evening dining and rebranding of their Edinburgh Café
- Frisky Froyo Yoghurts - Group Marketing Project to target new Edinburgh audiences and sell more frozen yoghurt in winter
- Dixons Carphone - developing new digital marketing and customer experience ideas
- Dominion Cinema - Group Marketing Project to raise awareness and footfall for this independent cinema
Career and Employability Treks
We provide students with the opportunity to visit organisations and engage with industry and business professionals in their own environments.
Please note: Treks may be in and around Edinburgh or further afield and may have limited places
- Developing your knowledge of an industry, sector, or geographical location in order to make informed career choices
- Get a feel for the culture, people, and values of specific companies
- Build your network of industry professionals and alumni
Past trek locations for our Marketing programme have included Johnstones of Elgin and Impact Hub.
Within modules of the programme our academic team bring in senior figures from relevant international organisations to talk about specific subject matter and its application to real world working challenges.
These lectures are followed by the opportunity to network further with the speaker and gain valuable career insight and advice from experienced professionals.
Organisations represented in the past include:
- British Airways - airline pricing strategy and implementation
- Irn-Bru - understanding brands
- Fonemedia - mobile marketing
- 80 Days - click-through optimisation