Please note we are not currently accepting applications to our main PhD programmes. Admissions for September 2022 entry will open on 1 October, 2021.
However, we currently have opportunities within our Financial Technology programme, starting in 2021.
Current Opportunities for Financial Technology
Teaching and Learning 2021–22
For the academic year starting in September 2021, we currently plan to deliver a mix of in-person and digital teaching. Our teaching model will depend on the Covid-19 restrictions in place at the time but we are planning on the basis that all students will be with us in Edinburgh.
More Information on Teaching in 2021–22
Why Choose a PhD at the University of Edinburgh Business School?
Listen to staff and students at the Business School discuss the doctoral programmeVirtual Visit
Our Doctoral Programmes
As part of a world-renowned University, triple accredited (AMBA, AACSB, and EQUIS) and ranked 4th in the UK for research power (Times Higher Education, 2019) within Business and Management, our Business School provides a highly dynamic and supportive research environment for our large and diverse graduate community. We ensure that our students have the resources required to make the most of their individual projects.
Our world-class research programmes offer:
- Supervision from acclaimed academic faculty within a wider range of subject areas
- Courses designed to expand your knowledge base and develop your research strategies
- Dedicated, modern facilities with state-of-the-art databases and specialist resources
- A peer network of students and inspiring alumni from across the globe
- A vibrant research environment with regular seminars, masterclasses, and events allowing you to connect and learn from experts across the business world
PhD in Accounting
Research an accounting topic such as the applications of accounting in society, or historical methods and strategies used by those practising in the profession.PhD in Accounting
PhD in Financial Technology
Undertake a fully funded research opportunity in collaboration with one of our leading industry partners.PhD in Financial Technology
PhD Entry Requirements
Learn more about the entry requirements for our PhD programmes.View Entry Requirements