|Deadline||08 May 2020|
|Contact||Email Email Scholarship Support Team|
The Business School will offer one MBA/EMBA LGBT+ Scholarship with the value of £10,000 to a candidate who is committed to making a difference to the LGBT+ community especially within the business environment. In addition, Somewhere (a social enterprise whose mission is to increase the visibility and representation of the LGBT+ community in business) will offer the successful candidate mentoring. See the Somewhere website for further information about their work.
MBA LGBT+ Scholarships will be awarded to the candidate who:
- Can demonstrate their commitment to the LGBT+ community through previous action and support either within the business setting specifically or in a wider sense through LGBT+ action
- Continue to aspire to make a difference for the LGBT+ community through their future personal and career goals
- Has sound academic credentials
You can only apply for the scholarship once you have received an offer (conditional or unconditional) to join one of the eligible programmes and have either firmly accepted the offer or be intending to do so.
You will not be eligible for this scholarship if:
- You are fully sponsored by your employer
- You are in receipt of a full scholarship
- You have already accepted a scholarship from the University of Edinburgh Business School
If the applicant is successful in being awarded a scholarship, but subsequently declines their offer of admission to the MBA, the scholarship will be withdrawn and awarded to another applicant. An award will be withdrawn if a student fails to meet the conditions set by the University.
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for a scholarship you should submit a scholarship application form as soon as possible after receipt of an offer of a place on our MBA.
You will be notified of the result of your scholarship application within a month of the deadline.
- The scholarship will be deducted from tuition fees.
- Scholarships will have to be accepted within a certain timeframe in order to secure your position on the MBA programme and also to secure the scholarship funding.
- If you do not accept and pay the required MBA programme deposit within the given timeframe then you will forfeit your scholarship offer. The Business School will then re-allocate this scholarship.
- If you receive a scholarship, you will be expected to participate occasionally as an ambassador for the Business School during and after your programme.
University of Edinburgh Business School
29 Buccleuch Place