The Business School will offer one MBA/EMBA LGBT+ Scholarship with the value of £10,000 to a candidate who is committed to making a difference to the LGBT+ community especially within the business environment.
|Deadline||The deadline for this scholarship has now passed|
|Contact||Email Email Admissions Team|
In addition, Somewhere (a social enterprise whose mission is to increase the visibility and representation of the LGBT+ community in business) will offer the successful candidate mentoring. See the Somewhere website for further information about their work.
MBA LGBT+ Scholarships will be awarded to a candidate who:
- Can demonstrate their commitment to the LGBT+ community through previous action and support either within the business setting specifically or in a wider sense through LGBT+ action
- Continue to aspire to make a difference for the LGBT+ community through their future personal and career goals
- Has sound academic credentials
You can only apply for the scholarship once you have received an offer (conditional or unconditional) to join one of the eligible programmes and have either firmly accepted the offer or be intending to do so. The scholarship selection panel can only consider your application if you hold an active offer throughout your scholarship application process (meaning if your offer is declined at any point up until the scholarship decision deadline you will no longer be eligible).
You will not be eligible for this scholarship if:
- You are fully sponsored by your employer
- You are in receipt of a full scholarship
- You have already accepted a scholarship from the University of Edinburgh Business School
How to Apply
Please submit your application by 01 August 2023.
If you wish to be considered for a scholarship you should submit a scholarship application form as soon as possible after receipt of an offer of a place on our MBA.
You will be notified of the result of your scholarship application within a month of the deadline.
- The scholarship will be paid directly towards your tuition fees.
- Scholarships have to be accepted by the deadline defined in the scholarship award letter.
- If you do not accept and pay the required MBA programme deposit within the given time frame then you will forfeit your scholarship offer as well as your programme offer. The Business School will then re-allocate this scholarship.
- Any scholarship is automatically withdrawn if you decline your programme offer or fail to meet the conditions set out in your programme offer letter.
- Only one University of Edinburgh Business School scholarship can be accepted.
- If you receive a scholarship, you will be expected to participate occasionally as an ambassador for the Business School during and after your programme.