Personal Chair in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Roles and Responsibilities
- Post-graduate teaching
- Supervision of MSc and PhD students.
- Alessandro is a Director at SMAR Azure Ltd and ACT Blade Ltd (two engineering companies based in Edinburgh) and ACT Blade Europe, a manufacturing company based in Italy.
- He is Director of Innovation of the Edinburgh Futures Institute.
- He is a member of the Innogen Institute (University of Edinburgh).
Alessandro Rosiello combines innovation theories and institutional economics from an evolutionary perspective to study science, technology and innovation dynamics in a variety of industrial settings, entrepreneurship and small business finance, and industrial clustering at regional level.
He has a PhD in Economics from the University of Strathclyde and was initially appointed as a research fellow of the Innogen Institute in the University of Edinburgh to study the policy framework aimed to trigger industrial clustering in Scotland. Over the past 10 years, his research has progressively broadened to investigate the quantitative relationship between R&D investments and the financial performance of innovative firms, small business finance, the concept of smart specialisation for regional growth, and technological catch-up at the global level.
- The Economics of Innovation
- Industrial and Innovation Policy
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Finance
- Regional Innovation Systems and Industrial Clusters.