Senior Lecturer in Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Roles and Responsibilities
- Post-graduate teaching
- Supervision of MSc and PhD students.
- Alessandro is a Director at SMAR Azure Ltd, an engineering company based in Edinburgh.
- He is a member of the Innogen Institute (University of Edinburgh).
Alessandro Rosiello combines innovation theories and institutional economics from an evolutionary perspective to study science, technology and innovation dynamics in a variety of industrial settings, entrepreneurship and small business finance, and industrial clustering at regional level.
He has a PhD in Economics from the University of Strathclyde and was initially appointed as a research fellow of the Innogen Institute in the University of Edinburgh to study the policy framework aimed to trigger industrial clustering in Scotland. Over the past 10 years, his research has progressively broadened to investigate the quantitative relationship between R&D and the financial performance of innovative firms, the design of venture capital/R&D policies, the concept of smart specialisation for regional growth, and technological catch-up in resource-rich countries.
- Entrepreneurial ecosystems
- Entrepreneurial finance
- Academic entrepreneurs
- Geographies of entrepreneurship
- Geographies of innovation
- Technology transfer & commercialisation
- Technology ventures
- Innovation & entrepreneurship
- International entrepreneurship
- Small & medium size enterprises (SME)
- Strategic entrepreneurship
- Technology & innovation management
- The Economics of Innovation
- Industrial and Innovation Policy
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Finance
- Regional Innovation Systems and Industrial Clusters.