- Academic entrepreneurs
- Entrepreneurial ecosystems
- Innovation & entrepreneurship
- Regional innovation systems
- Small & medium size enterprises (SME)
- Technology transfer & commercialisation
- Technology transfer & university spinouts
My research focuses on the geography of innovative entrepreneurship. I am particularly interested in questions about entrepreneurial ecosystems and the role in which localized social and economic structures affect the entrepreneurship process and firm strategy. I am interested in studying the formation and impact of entrepreneurial ecosystems outside of the tech sector and Anglo-American economies (though I'm also interested in these areas) and how different conceptual lenes can be used to understand how context and geography impact entrepreneurial strategy and growth. I am currently leading a project looking at the long-term impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on high-growth entrepreneurs across the UK.