PGR Support & Development Officer
Roles and Responsibilities
As part of the professional support staff network within the Business School my role is to coordinate the development, support and administration of all postgraduate research (PGR) programmes, covering admissions through to graduation.
Working with senior academic colleagues my key duties include:
- Management of the recruitment avenues and admissions processes.
- Coordination of our School and University PGR scholarship awards along with sourcing additional funding opportunities for incoming students.
- Development of our research programmes to support a high-quality student experience, enhancing and reshaping our programmes so that they can be classified as 'world-leading'.
- Budget management for PGR programme funds.
- Line-management of the on-programme team.
Studying in the University of Edinburgh for both my undergraduate and postgraduate degrees I grew to love the academic and research community. Transitioning from student to staff I have secured challenging and fulfilling roles across three Higher Education Institutions, and combined with my first-hand experience of the student life-cycle I have built an in-depth understanding of the complexities delivering high quality programmes.
- I'm a skilled pianist and used to teach.
- I've previously held a pilot licence.
- I've got marksmanship certificates for 3 rifles.
- I've previously worked in a chocolate shop (ask me about sea foam)!