Lecturer in Finance
Dr Maria Boutchkova earned her doctorate in finance from the University of Oklahoma in 2003. Before joining the University of Edinburgh in May 2012, she spent six years at Concordia University, Montreal, and two years at the University of Leicester.
Maria’s research focuses on:
- corporate ownership structures
- pyramidal business groups
- politics and stock market volatility across the world
- international corporate governance
- financial development in emerging markets.
Her work has been published in top academic journals, such as the Review of Financial Studies and Financial Management. Maria was a member of the editorial board of the Journal of International Business Studies 2007-2015.
Recent Initiative on Confidence Building for Women in Academia.