Maryam Aldossari holds degrees from Queen Mary University of London (PhD in Business and Management), Brunel University (MSc in Human Resource Management), SOAS University (Graduate Diploma in International Business and Development Studies, and Dammam University, Saudi Arabia (BA in English Language and Literature).
Maryam’s research interests span several fields including human resource management, organisational behaviour/theory, and cultural studies. To date her research has focused on the effect of national and organisational culture on the repatriation process and human resource management (HRM) practices in general. Maryam has also conducted a further research project exploring the issues that professional Saudi Arabian women face institutionally and organisationally when working in Saudi Arabia.
- Psychological contract
- Idiosyncratic Deals (I-Deals)
- International assignments ( expatriation / repatriation)
- Effects of national and organisational culture on HR practices and individual behaviour
- Gender and equality – comparing Eastern & Western perspectives
- More generally the value and applicability of Western theories in Middle Eastern contexts