BSc (Newcastle-upon-Tyne), MSc (Newcastle-upon-Tyne), MBA (Aston), MPhil (Aston), DipM (CIM), PhD (Edinburgh) FHEA.
Industrial experience gained within the Oil, Electronics and Tourism sectors covers:
- Strategy Development (e.g. business planning and evaluation, market research),
- Global Supply Chain Management (e.g. sourcing strategies, supplier selection),
- Strategic Projects (e.g. business recovery, ERP implementation, organisational evaluation and re-engineering) and the
- Management of Change (e.g. process re-engineering and the implementation of technologies).
Ongoing engagement with businesses in strategy development.
- eBusiness & eCommerce
- Organisation studies
- Innovation & technology in tourism
- Social innovation
- Sociology of information systems
- Technology & innovation management
- Technology & organisational change
- Information systems
- Social informatics
- User innovation
- Strategy implementation & process
- Organisational change processes
- Comparative corporate social responsibility, governance and sustainability
- Digital innovation
- Adoption & use of information technologies in organisations
- Operations improvement
- The third sector
- Corporate governance, responsibility & sustainability
- Strategy process
- Corporate sustainability
- Organisational sensemaking
- Situational analysis
The use of 'Problem Structuring Methods' (PSMs) and 'systems thinking' to advance our understanding of the handling of, and engagement within, 'complex' situations (i.e. characterised by their apparently overwhelming complexity), in particular, the management of configurational technologies (e.g. ERP, Social Media, AI, VR/AR/MR, robotics, blockchain, drones, 3D-printing, mobile, fracking), operational resilience, sustainable development (e.g. WEF Nexus), new hybrid organisational spaces (e.g. makerspaces, social enterprises) as well in the teaching of research methods and technology management.
Industries: oil, electronics, tourism
Conceptual lenses: Systems Thinking, Organisational Cybernetics (VSM / VIPLAN-Cybernetic Methodology), Social Shaping of Technology, Strategy-as-Practice and the work of John Dewey and Charles Peirce