Senior Lecturer in Marketing
Roles and Responsibilities
- Undergraduate Senior Tutor
- Personal Tutor
- Co-ordinator Marketing Group Research Seminar Series
- Course co-ordinator Brand Culture, UG Honours option
- Course co-ordinator Understanding Brands, MSc Marketing/Marketing and Business Analysis
I joined the Business School as Lecturer in Marketing in 2010 after completing an ESRC-funded PhD in Marketing at the University of Stirling. Prior to this I undertook an MA English Language and Literature at the University of St Andrews and an MSc Marketing, University of Stirling. Before re-entering academia, I worked for the cancer charity Myeloma UK in patient services management and delivery.
- Consumer culture and interpretive consumer research
- Consumption-orientated identity projects
- Consumer culture, identity & gender
My research is focused on consumer vulnerability and coping, consumer identity, collective practices, and interpretivist research methods. I have a longstanding interest in the experience of illness and the consumption of healthcare: my current work explores healthcare consumerism.
Principle-Investigator for an ESRC Seminar Series focusing on Vulnerable Consumers, with Dr Kathy Hamilton, University of Strathclyde and Dr Maria Piacentini, University of Lancaster, 2012-2015.