Roles and Responsibilities
- Co-organiser of Seminar Series
- Course Leader for Corporate Governance (MSc) and Business Finance (MBA)
- Co-Chair of RSE Young Academy of Scotland
- Director of China Development and Research Centre
- President of China Economic Association (UK/Europe)
- Special-term Professor, Shanghai Lixin University of Accounting and Finance
- Section Editor: Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions & Money; Finance Research Letters
- Associate Editor: European Journal of Finance
- Guest Editor: Abacus, Corporate Governance: An International Review, Journal of Business Ethics, Pacific-Basin Finance Journal
Wenxuan Hou (Wen) is Chair in Corporate Finance at the University of Edinburgh Business School. He received his PhD from Manchester Business School and pursued executive education at Kellogg School of Management. He was at Durham University as a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) and then Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) until he joined Edinburgh in 2012.
Wen is elected as a co-chair of RSE Young Academy of Scotland, the president of China Economic Association (UK/Europe), a Board Director of Asian Finance Association and a Senior Fellow of China Centre for Globalization. Wen has served as an Associate Editor or Guest Editor of European Journal of Finance, Finance Research Letters, Abacus, Corporate Governance: An International Review, International Small Business Journal, Pacific-Basin Finance Journal and Journal of Business Ethics. He co-organised a number of international conferences with leading academic journals on the themes of a) Chinese capital markets, b) ethical and sustainable entrepreneurship, c) legal institutions and finance, d) corporate governance in emerging countries, e) microfinance, f) green finance and e) financial technology.
- Corporate finance
- Corporate governance
- Empirical asset pricing
- Institutional setting for IPO markets and underpricing of IPOs
- Capital market anomalies
- Corporate entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial finance
- Strategy & financial accounting
- Executive pay
His research interests cover corporate finance and governance, business ethics and financial markets. He has published around 40 articles in FT45, ABS-4*/3* and ABDC-A*/A journals, five books with Palgrave Macmillan and 12 book chapters, including publications in European Journal of Operation Research, Journal of Business Ethics, Business History, Abacus, Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, British Accounting Review, Corporate Governance: An International Review, Energy Economics, Energy Policy, European Journal of Finance, Finance Research Letters, International Review of Financial Analysis, Journal of Business Research, em>Journal of International Financial Market, Institutions & Money and Regional Studies among others.
Wen has taught a range of courses including Corporate Governance (MSc and executive), Corporate Finance (UG), Advanced Finance Theory (MSc) and Business Finance (MBA), and received multiple Best Teaching Awards. Wen is regularly featured in media, including People's Daily, Xinhua News, Beijing Evening News and Yangtse Evening News.