Personal Chair in Corporate Finance
Phone: +44 (0)131 651 5319
Roles and Responsibilities
- Co-organiser of Seminar Series
- Course Leader for Corporate Governance (MSc) and Business Finance (MBA)
- Director of China Development and Research Centre
- President of China Economic Association (UK/Europe)
- Section Editor: Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions & Money
- Associate Editor: European Journal of Finance; Finance Research Letters
- Guest Editor: Abacus, Corporate Governance: An International Review and Journal of Business Ethics
Wenxuan Hou (Wen) is Chair in Corporate Finance at the University of Edinburgh Business School. He received his PhD from Manchester Business School and pursued executive education at Kellogg School of Management. He was at Durham University as a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) and then Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) until he joined Edinburgh in 2012.
Wen is elected as a Young Academy Member of the Royal Society of Edinburgh (Scotland's national academy), the president-elect of China Economic Association (UK/Europe), a Board Director of Asian Finance Association and a Senior Fellow of China Centre for Globalization. Wen has served as an Associate Editor or Guest Editor of European Journal of Finance, Finance Research Letters, Abacus, Corporate Governance: An International Review, International Small Business Journal, Pacific-Basin Finance Journal and Journal of Business Ethics. He co-organized a number of international conferences with leading academic journals on the themes of a) Chinese capital markets, b) ethical and sustainable entrepreneurship, c) legal institutions and finance, d) corporate governance in emerging countries, e) microfinance, f) green finance and e) financial technology.