News & Media
- Video | Startup Festival 2017 unmissable moments 16 March, 2017 In 11 hours and 17 events we brought students and entrepreneurs together to celebrate Edinburgh as a great city to start up. Watch the video now.
- Co & Co and Roomerical scoop top prizes at E Club pitching competitions 10 March, 2017 Two innovative start ups have been named E Club pitching competition winners at this year’s Startup Festival.
Edinburgh College of Art Graduate, Natasha Goldstein’s Co & Co – an interdisciplinary online co-working platform for students secured first place in the Venture Development category.
Meanwhile Edinburgh researcher Dr. Brian Hamilton was recognised in the Novel Ideas category, for ...
- Startup story | FreshSight 03 March, 2017 FreshSight is a consultancy for socially-conscious organisations, run by students at the University of Edinburgh. Modelled on The Berkeley Group in California, it has trained over 400 consultants since it began in 2007, and helped over 100 clients maximise their social impact.
Students receive bespoke training in consultancy, accredited by the Chartered Management Institute, combined with ...
- Get to know some of the SUF17 speakers 02 March, 2017 We have an amazing mix of entrepreneurial speakers at Startup Festival 2017. Each speaker has a unique story that has brought them to where they are today, with successes and failures. Their businesses have delivered and supported individuals and organisations to thrive and succeed. Meet some of our speakers online.
- On the couch with… add it in your festival schedule 01 March, 2017 You can be on our very special couch with Edinburgh entrepreneurs for a one2one session.
- Introducing the E Club pitching competitions’ finalists! 28 February, 2017 Eleven innovators will be pitching for their share of £5,000 in prize money for their Novel idea or Venture Development idea. See our finalists!
- Insight | What happens when the Unicorns leave? 28 February, 2017 Entrepreneurial City of The Year, Edinburgh may be. But Ben Spigel warns of an exodus of talent if more isn't done to coordinate start up support after the sale of its two biggest players.
- See what people are saying about the Startup Festival 27 February, 2017 https://youtu.be/ev3v9rNNTZA
“The energy and ‘buzz’ around the day was palpable. You can’t measure these things – but I’m certain that in years to come there will be successful businesses who owe at least some of their success to the inspiration and experience of that day.”
Professor Susan Deacon, Assistant Principal External Relations, The University of Edinburgh
“What gave ...
- Startup story | Launch.ed 15 February, 2017 Launch.ed is a University of Edinburgh team dedicated to helping inspire students, researchers and university staff to launch and grow businesses.
It provides one-to-one coaching, workshops, bootcamps, competitions and mentoring, as well as guidance on sources of funding, financial and legal advice to give would be entrepreneurs the tools they need to start up.
Launch.ed’s support has ...
- Startup story | James Turing and the SolarBerry 12 February, 2017 James Turing has gone from strength to strength since winning the 2016 E Club Pitching Competition, with further accolades and full delivery of his product.
He pitched the SolarBerry, a “self-financing, community-owned off-grid computer lab powered by solar energy with energy-efficient Raspberry Pi computers”.
Read more about how James and his team have brought access to computers to countries ...