A wide range of international experiences are available, including:
- Studying abroad at one of our partner universities and business schools in Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the USA, or Europe
- Short-term summer schools at another university
- A placement undertaking training, volunteering, or internship abroad
- Funding via Go Abroad for a period of 1 to 8 weeks for conferences, research trips, volunteering, cultural and work-related experiences with an educational component
Programmes Including a Language
- Students on the MA International Business and MA International Business with a language programmes must study abroad in their third year, subject to satisfactory performance in years 1 and 2 (normal minimum average of 60% in year 1)
- If a language is part of your degree programme your study abroad year will be in the country of that language
Living and studying abroad will give you the opportunity to try new things, learn a language, take on new challenges, and enhance your academic perspective. You will visit new places and meet new people. Your self-confidence will improve and you will develop valuable skills for the future, all of which are highly valued by employers.
All Business School students have the option of studying abroad. However, you will need a strong academic performance in Year 1 (minimum first-year average 55 to 60%) to be offered a place at one of our partner universities/business schools.
Some of our current partner universities are listed below. Please note these are subject to change.
- Peking University, Beijing
- University of Nottingham, Ningbo
- University of Hong Kong
Australia and New Zealand
- Otago Business School, Dunedin
- University of Melbourne
- University of Queensland
- University of Sydney
- Amsterdam Business School
- Berlin School of Economics and Law
- Copenhagen Business School
- ESADE Ramon Llull University, Barcelona
- Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi, Milan
- Université de Paris IX (Dauphine)
- Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien, Vienna
- Babson College, Massachusetts
- Emory University, Atlanta
- McGill University, Montreal
- Queen's University, Kingston
- University of British Columbia, Vancouver
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of Toronto
A full list of partner universities is available at the following link:
Other Opportunities to Go Abroad
Every year at the Business School we find new ways for our students to benefit from an international experience. Recently, some of our students have been to India to explore the fashion industry.
The 2019 India Trip was designed by the Business School and Edinburgh College of Art, with the support of the Edinburgh Futures Institute, and was open to all third-year undergraduate students.
Students started their trip in Gujarat with visits to farmers and artisans at the beginning of the value chain, and culminated in discussions with experts at the very top of the value chain, including visits to Vogue India and the House of Anita Dongre, a leading Mumbai fashion house.
Over the course of the week, students worked within multidisciplinary and internationally diverse groups to research, develop, and create a multimedia project.
Become an Exchange Partner
We are always looking to develop and expand our Exchange Partnerships with business schools that share our ethos and international standing. If you would like to discuss and explore the possibilities of establishing an exchange agreement, please email email@example.com.
Additional details and guidance on partner universities is available at Edinburgh Global.