Fees for Entry in 2021
|MSc in Business Analytics|
|Home||To be confirmed for 2021
£17,350 in 2020
|International||To be confirmed for 2021
£24,900 in 2020
EU students (without settled/pre-settled status in the UK) starting their degrees in the academic year 2021/22 will be in line with international fees.
Irish national applicants starting studies in the academic year 2021/22 will be classed as ‘home’ student status (if they meet the residency requirements).
Please note: The amount you pay is dependent on your fee status. For more information please refer to the University's fee status pages.
A non-refundable application fee of £60 will be payable in respect of all applications submitted for the MSc in Business Analytics. Payment must be received by the Business School before your application will be processed.
Applicants receiving an offer of admission, either conditional or unconditional, will be asked to pay a deposit of £1,500 within 28 days of the offer to secure their place on the programme.
Please note: If the deposit has not been received by the deadline, the application will be withdrawn without further notice. It is therefore essential that applicants have funding for their deposit in place before applying. The deposit will be offset against the tuition fee payable at the time of matriculation.View the Deposit Payment Guide View the Deposit Policy Guidelines
When budgeting you will need to consider potential additional costs, including textbooks, dissertation field work, optional treks, and the general cost of living.
Textbooks and any other relevant teaching materials
- Textbook costs range from £120-600 if purchased new depending on your courses
- Second-hand books may be available.
- Books are also available in the library.
- If you prefer to print your lecture slides, you can print these from a University printer if you have loaded credit onto your student card.
Dissertation Field Work
- Costs vary with field research type.
- Interview recording equipment, travel, stationery, postage stamps and so on may be required.
- Grants may be available to help cover costs.
Consultancy Course Projects or Company Sponsored Dissertations
- Consultancy courses are only applicable to some programmes; please check the course information.
- Company Sponsored Dissertations are available to all students; some might be offered by the School, otherwise you may arrange these yourself.
- Costs vary depending on the agreement with the client company, but could include travelling to meet the clients.
- Most clients are local; costs are anticipated to be under £100.
Country and Career Treks
- Students on our MSc programmes may be able to participate in local or international treks to businesses and other academic institutions. These are optional.
- Treks will vary by programme and students may be required to contribute towards them.
- The University provides information on the estimated cost of living in Edinburgh.
Applicants to the MSc Business Analytics can apply to a range of scholarships, as well as funding options from other sources.