The University of Edinburgh Business School is offering a number of scholarships covering part of the fees for Masters students commencing study in September 2022. The Dean's Excellence Scholarship Programme is based on merit and available to all applicants of Business School taught Masters.
Awards of £5,000 and £10,000
|Contact||Email Email Scholarship Support Team|
Dean's Excellence Scholarships will be awarded to candidates who:
- Can demonstrate strong academic performance – on track to obtain or have graduated with a minimum of a high 2.1 or 1st class UK undergraduate degree or overseas equivalent from a university with a strong academic reputation and ranking
- Have the potential to contribute and enrich all aspects of the Masters programme and the diverse academic and cultural profile of the Masters class
- Show excellent professional and personal skills evidenced through work experience and/or extracurricular activities
The scholarships are available for all taught Masters and all nationalities.
You can only apply for the scholarship once you have received an offer (conditional or unconditional) to join one of the eligible programmes and have either firmly accepted the offer or be intending to do so. The scholarship selection panel can only consider your application if you hold an active offer throughout your scholarship application process (meaning if your offer is declined at any point up until the scholarship decision deadline you will no longer be eligible). You can apply to the scholarship only once within one recruitment cycle.
You will not be eligible for this scholarship if:
- You are fully sponsored by your employer
- You are in receipt of a full scholarship
- You have already accepted another scholarship from the University of Edinburgh Business School
- You submit a scholarship application prior to having secured an offer for the programme you are applying to and you will not be able to re-apply
How to Apply
You should submit an application through the University Scholarship Application system following receipt of an offer (conditional or unconditional) of a place on a Masters programme and within the following scholarship application rounds:
|Round||Open Date||Deadline||Decision By|
|A||31 January 2022||28 February 2022||28 March 2022|
|B||30 March 2022||18 April 2022||16 May 2022|
|C||18 May 2022||6 June 2022||4 July 2022|
|D||6 July 2022||25 July 2022||22 August 2022|
In order to gain access to the scholarship application system applicants must have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh. Please note that, following the submission of an application for admission, it can take up to ten working days for all system checks to be completed and for access to be granted.
The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd, our web based information portal.
When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require assistance, please see the University Systems support and guidance pages.
The Business School Admissions Team will send our scholarship offers to individuals by the decision deadlines outlined above.
In order to secure your place on the programme as well as this scholarship, it is necessary to accept the scholarship and to pay the required deposit within the specified timescale.
If you do not accept and pay the required deposit within the given timeframe then you will be forfeiting your scholarship offer. The Business School will then re-allocate this scholarship.