We currently plan to deliver a mix of in-person and digital teaching for the academic year starting in September 2021. We are monitoring government guidance on Covid-19 prevention measures and we will adjust our 2021/22 plans in response to any relevant changes. Based on current information we expect some physical distancing measures are very likely to still apply when the academic year starts in September 2021. We anticipate a further update on this later in the Spring.
Why Choose a PhD at the University of Edinburgh Business School?
Listen to staff and students at the Business School discuss the doctoral programmeVirtual Visit
Our Doctoral Programmes
As part of a world-renowned University, triple accredited (AMBA, AACSB, and EQUIS) and ranked 4th in the UK for research power (Times Higher Education, 2019) within Business and Management, our Business School provides a highly dynamic and supportive research environment for our large and diverse graduate community. We ensure that our students have the resources required to make the most of their individual projects.
Our world-class research programmes offer:
- Supervision from acclaimed academic faculty within a wider range of subject areas
- Courses designed to expand your knowledge base and develop your research strategies
- Dedicated, modern facilities with state-of-the-art databases and specialist resources
- A peer network of students and inspiring alumni from across the globe
- A vibrant research environment with regular seminars, masterclasses, and events allowing you to connect and learn from experts across the business world
PhD in Accounting
Research an accounting topic such as the applications of accounting in society, or historical methods and strategies used by those practising in the profession.PhD in Accounting
PhD in Financial Technology
Undertake a fully funded research opportunity in collaboration with one of our leading industry partners.PhD in Financial Technology