PhD candidates pursue original research with the goal of making a significant contribution to knowledge in, and understanding of, their chosen field.
The Business School fosters a supportive research environment and offers key features to ensure you successfully complete your research programme, including:
- dedicated, modern and specialist facilities;
- a wide range of subject groups; and
- a diverse and experienced faculty.
Postgraduate research students have the opportunity to:
- design and develop their own research strategies;
- pursue original lines of thought; and
- present novel research findings.
Find a potential supervisor by browsing subject group members, find out more about subject groups, or search our research opportunities board.View our research areas
MSc by Research
The MSc by Research (Management) develops your ability to pursue original research in a critical and scholarly way and is often the first step to achieving a PhD.MSc by Research (Management)