The Edinburgh MBA enhances your career potential by giving you a clear focus on the role of the highly sought strategic leader in today's ever more volatile and uncertain world. Integrated professional development and a personal coaching programme combine into a boutique experience, with cohorts big enough for a diverse student body and personal enough for 1:1 attention.
in global FT ranking
for female students
for career progress in 2017 FT ranking
MBA Alumni are
directors or MDs*
Why Choose the Edinburgh MBA?Discover the benefits of studying for an MBA at the University of Edinburgh Business School »
Learn the management power of Strategic Leadership
- Expand your strategic horizon to encompass the nature and complexity of global challenges facing businesses
- Use innovative strategic thinking to chart a successful course in a rapidly changing environment
- Develop your strategic leadership skills to manage key functions associated with finance, accounting, strategic marketing, organisation and operations
- Master the intricacies of international markets and economies
- Embrace the responsibility of being a good steward of financial, social and natural capital.
Accelerate your job search through Professional Development
- Study the habits of success taught by business leaders and recognised experts who speak on the programme
- Develop your professional narrative, the story that impresses recruiters, HR professionals, and employers
- Experience the power of one-to-one coaching to help you grow your personal job-search strategy
- Learn how social media and your online presence can extend your professional reach
- Practice advanced communication and interpersonal skills for more effective interviews and professional interactions.
Get personalised attention through our Boutique Experience
- Develop deep, life-long professional and personal networks in a small cohort with constant interaction
- Prepare for a global workplace with sensitivity to and appreciation of different cultures
- Meet faculty and staff who know and care about your individual professional goals
- Do away with a one-size-fits-all model, and join a tight-knit family of ambitious professionals.
The Edinburgh MBA
We aim to provide flexibility and variety with our MBA by offering three different pathways:
Our intense yet inspiring twelve-month programme will build your capacity for incisive analysis, innovation and strategic leadership in a global context. Following on from our core courses, students may choose a specialisation in finance, strategy, entrepreneurship or sustainability.
Students will take the same core courses as the standard MBA but will also get to spend 2-3 months abroad as part of an exchange with one of our University partners.
This programme is specifically designed for working executives who prefer part-time study. The course is delivered in a modular format on Fridays and Saturdays, once a month. The taught part of the programme takes place over 21 months, followed by a Capstone Project.
Upcoming applicant events