Lecturer in Marketing
Roles and Responsibilities
Schools Liaison Officer
Mary's educational background includes the study of MA (Hons) Business Studies and MSc by Research (Management) at the University of Edinburgh. Her ESRC-funded PhD explored how children and young people engage with charities by examining how they learn about, donate and relate to charities.
- Consumer behaviour
- Consumer culture and interpretive consumer research
- Consumer culture, identity & gender
- Consumer relationship marketing
- Consumption-orientated identity projects
- Consumption of local, organic and speciality food and drink
- Customer relation management
- Digital marketing
- Financial decision-making
- Food marketing and consumption
- Gender studies
- Marketing & society
- Marketing strategy and practice
- Non-profit marketing
- Origin and place as marketing resources
- Psychology & marketing
- Semiotic/visual theory
- Services marketing
- Social marketing
- User generated content
Her research interests include:
- nonprofit/charity marketing
- social marketing
- marketing to children and young people
- sports marketing
- research methodologies.
Mary's teaching incorporates her research interests and she is currently course organiser for the Honours courses Marketing & Society and Marketing Strategy. She also teaches Marketing & Society to postgraduate students on the MSc Marketing/Marketing & Business Analysis programmes.
She has also led a research team examining the use of groupwork in Business Studies education.