The University of Edinburgh Business School is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and the Association of MBAs (AMBA). This triple accreditation highlights the quality of teaching and excellence of research at the School.
*1st in the UK and 4th globally
Corporate Knights’ 2022 Better World MBA
The Edinburgh MBA ranks 12th in Corporate Knights’ 2022 Better World MBA. This global ranking recognises the top full-time MBA programmes that instil a holistic purpose of business in future leaders, ensuring they are equipped with the skills, tools, and values to build a more inclusive and prosperous society in sync with our natural world.
Athena SWAN Silver Award
In recognition of the positive work the Business School has done to promote diversity and gender equality among staff and students, Athena SWAN granted the Business School a Silver Award.
Valid until 2028, the honour endorses the School's continued efforts to create an open environment to strengthen diversity and gender equality amongst our staff and students.
Recent research and teaching community awards and achievements:
- Royston Greenwood elected into the Royal Society of Canada
- Wenxuan Hou elected as Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh
- Chris Carter elected into the AAAJ APIRA Hall of Fame
- Leonidas Barbopoulos awarded the Yuki Arai Prize in Finance
- Neil Pollock awarded the James G. March Prize
- Kristina Auxtova awarded ‘Best Paper’ in the Education, Teaching and Learning track by Irish Academy of Management
- John Amis and Janina Klein awarded ‘Best Published Paper Award 2021’ by the Academy of Management Organization and Management Theory Division
- Centre for Business, Climate Change and Sustainability secures £1.5m partnership with NatWest to further climate expertise
- Psychological Wellbeing in Business: a first of its kind
- First UK Business School Graduate Programme launches at the University of Edinburgh
- Two Entrepreneurship and Innovation MSc students accepted into the prestigious Clinton Global Initiative University (CGI U)
Our finance programmes cover at least 70 per cent of the CFA curriculum, which will benefit those who choose to study for the CFA qualification.
The MSc in Banking and Risk has been accredited by the Chartered Banker Institute, meaning the programme is acknowledged as equivalent to a Chartered Banker Diploma.
Our MSc in Human Resource Management and MSc in International Human Resource Management are fully accredited programmes of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
The University is an official University partner of CIMA and graduates from our MSc in Accounting and Finance will be able to join CIMA through an accelerated route designed specifically for them.
Students on the MSc Accounting and Finance programme benefit from ACCA exemptions from specific papers at the Fundamentals level.
Undergraduate accountancy accreditation
The School's undergraduate MA Accounting and Business and MA Accounting and Finance degrees provide a high level of exemption from the professional examination requirements set by main accounting bodies. Specific recognition is listed for each programme entry.