|Deadline||01 May 2020|
Full Fee Scholarship
UK nationals and residents only
|Contact||Email Email Scholarship Support Team|
Available for students who are nationals and residents of the UK, the Business School will offer one scholarship to cover full tuition fees for one of their Masters' programmes for entry 2020/21. This scholarship will support those who may face barriers in accessing postgraduate study. The scholarship is for students who meet at least one of our widening participation criteria.
You can only apply for the scholarship once you have received an offer (conditional or unconditional) to join one of the eligible programmes and have either firmly accepted the offer or be intending to do so. You can request an extension to your deposit payment deadline on the basis of awaiting the outcome of this Edinburgh Access scholarship application. You must also meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be a UK national domiciled in the UK.
In addition you must meet at least one of the following eligibility criteria:
- You are care-experienced. We define care experience as having spent any time in care of a local authority in the UK
- You were/are in receipt of a Maintenance Grant as an undergraduate (if you started your undergraduate course after August 2016 you will need to provide evidence from the Student Loans Company to confirm your household income was assessed as £40,000 or less)
- You were/are in receipt of a Young Students' Bursary, an Independent Students' Bursary, or a Care Experienced Students' Bursary as an undergraduate—as assessed by Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS)
- You live in an area within the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation lowest 20% (SIMD20)
- You live in an area with an Acorn classification of 5
To check your eligibility for the two postcode criteria above, use the postcode lookup tool. We'll use the home address where you lived during your last year of school or college.
You will not be eligible for this scholarship if:
- You are fully sponsored by your employer
- You are already in receipt of a full scholarship
- You already hold a Master's degree or PhD qualification
If the applicant is successful in being awarded a scholarship, but subsequently declines their offer of admission to the Master’s degree at the Business School, the scholarship will be withdrawn and awarded to another applicant. An award will be withdrawn if a student fails to meet the conditions set by the University.
Eligible programmes include:
- Accounting & Finance MSc
- Banking & Risk MSc
- Business Analytics MSc
- Carbon Finance MSc
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation MSc
- Finance MSc
- Human Resource Management MSc
- International Business & Emerging Markets MSc
- International Human Resource Management MSc
- Management MSc
- Marketing MSc
- Marketing & Business Analysis MSc
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for a scholarship you should submit a scholarship application form as soon as possible after receipt of an offer of a place on our Master’s programme.
You will be notified of the result of your scholarship application within a month of the deadline.
- The scholarship will cover tuition fees only.
- Scholarships will have to be accepted within a certain timeframe in order to secure your position on the Master’s programme and also to secure the scholarship funding.
- If you do not accept within the given timeframe then you will forfeit your scholarship offer. The Business School will then re-allocate this scholarship.
- If you receive a scholarship, you will be expected to participate occasionally as an ambassador for the Business School during and after your programme.
All applications will be reviewed by a scholarship panel made up of a number of Student Support Staff.
When reviewing your application we'll look at personal circumstances, widening participation criteria, and take into account academic achievements. The panel will prioritise applicants that meet one or more of the listed widening participation criteria. Further prioritisation will take place based on academic achievement.
When assessing your application, we will give regard to:
- The evidence provided in relation to meeting the widening participation criteria
- Your rationale for applying for a postgraduate course at the University of Edinburgh Business School
- Whether you have clearly articulated future ambitions and goals relating to the postgraduate degree you have applied for
Please note: The Edinburgh Access Scholarship Application is a separate process to applying for a programme.
University of Edinburgh Business School
29 Buccleuch Place