Please read them now. By using the Site you indicate that you accept the Terms and Conditions and that you agree to abide by them. If you are not willing to accept these Terms and Conditions you may not use the Site.
Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on the Site without notice.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Site, or the entire Site, to users who have registered with us.
The Business School reserves the right to amend or replace the Terms and Conditions at any time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on the Site.
The University of Edinburgh Business School follows the same complaints handling procedure as the University of Edinburgh.
The content of the Site (including, but not limited to all text and artwork) is protected by copyright. The copyright is owned by the Business School or is otherwise licensed from a third party for use by the Business School.
You may view or download any part of the Site for private purposes, but you are not permitted, without our permission, to:
- Store the Site, or any part of the Site, for any other purpose
- Print copies of the Site, or any part of the Site, for any other purpose
- Reproduce, copy or transmit the Site, or any part of the Site, in any way, for any other purpose or in any other medium
All other rights which are not specifically granted are reserved.
The Site and its contents are for general information only and are provided "as is". We make no warranties, representations or undertakings about:
- any of the content of the Site (including, without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of such content)
- any content of any other third party website referred to or accessed by links through the Site
We make no guarantees that the Site is free from malicious software. It is strongly recommended that an anti-virus scan is performed as part of downloading any content.
The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of Scotland and any disputes that may arise will be subject to the jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
The Business School accepts no liability for any claims, penalties, loss, or expenses arising from:
- Any reliance placed on the content of the Site
- The use or inability to use the Site
- The downloading of any materials from the Site
- Any unauthorised access to or alteration to the Site
This clause shall not exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Business School.
Links to third party websites are for your convenience only. Such websites are operated and controlled by third parties and their inclusion does not imply any endorsement or approval by the Business School of the materials on such websites.
On visiting the University of Edinburgh website we sometimes need to collect information about you. How we use this information is explained in our privacy notice.
Publishing Through the Site
If you wish to publish through the Site, please be aware that other terms and conditions in addition to these Terms and Conditions may apply to such publications.
Uploading Material to the Site
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the Site any material:
- that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience
- for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals
- which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country in the world
- which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data)
You may not misuse the Site (including, without limitation, by hacking).
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on the Site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the provisions set out above or for any other reason whatsoever. In addition, we shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of the provisions set out above.
Please email email@example.com if you have any queries.
Updated on 02 June 2020