The Business School will be offering 1 College Research Scholarship for students joining in September 2022.
|Deadline||23:59, 03 February 2022|
Full tuition fees (UK or Overseas level) with £15,700 annual stipend for up to 3 years (pro-rata for part-time students)
|Contact||Email Email Scholarship Support Team|
This scholarship is awarded to high-quality candidates across the College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences.
As a student with us you will work with some of the most influential academics in your chosen field and learn about the very latest developments in your subject. Those chosen exemplify the high standards the University of Edinburgh sets for its research students and the investment that we make in their potential.
Full tuition fees (UK or Overseas level) with £15,700 annual stipend for up to 3 years (pro-rata for part-time students).
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Programme: All candidates must hold a conditional or unconditional offer onto one of our Doctoral programmes (PhD in Accounting, PhD in Finance, PhD in Financial Technology, or PhD in Management, including the Professional Pathway) and expect to join in September 2022. While you can be awaiting an application outcome when applying for this scholarship only those with an offer can be considered. Therefore, please ensure all necessary documents have been uploaded to your programme application before the scholarship deadline.
- Academic Standing: This normally requires a minimum qualification (or expected qualification if you are a current Master's student) of above-average academic achievement, typically 65% or above overall at the Master's level, with a distinction-level dissertation. For applicants for the PhD in Financial Technology this requires 70% or above overall at the Master’s level, with a distinction-level dissertation.
- English Competency: You must meet the English requirements for the PhD in Management, PhD in Accounting, or PhD in Finance. The most commonly approved certificate is an IELTS, for which the minimum accepted score is 7.0 overall with at least 6.0 in each section.
How to Apply
To be considered, candidates must submit both a programme application and a scholarship application using the University's Online Application System. You will only be able to access the scholarship application after you have applied to your chosen programme.
It is recommended that the programme application be submitted at least ten working days before the scholarship application deadline so that you can access the scholarship application portal.
Eligible applicants will be ranked by a selection panel from each of the Business School subject areas. Applications are ranked considering a number of criteria, most importantly:
- The academic background of the candidates, including their achievements so far
- The potential of the candidates' doctoral research proposal
Scholarship awards are subject to candidates successfully securing admission and joining a Business School doctoral programme in September 2022.
Award Announcement Date
Candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application in April 2022.
Please be aware that we also hold a reserve list. In the event that a successful candidate later declines their award, the award will be offered to the top candidate on the reserve list. Candidates will be notified if they are listed as a reserve candidate.
Scholarship Support Team
University of Edinburgh Business School
29 Buccleuch Place