The Business School will offer two LGBT+ scholarships to the value of £10,000 for entry onto one of our taught Masters degrees for entry 2023/24. The scholarships will be awarded to candidates who are committed to making a difference to the LGBT+ community, especially within the business environment.
|Deadline||The deadline for this scholarship has now passed|
|Contact||Email Email Admissions Team|
The LGBT+ Scholarship will be awarded to candidates who:
- Can demonstrate their commitment to the LGBT+ community through previous action and support either within the business setting specifically, or in a wider sense through LGBT+ action.
- Continue to aspire to make a difference for the LGBT+ community through their future personal and career goals
- Have sound academic credentials
You can only apply for the scholarship once you have received an offer (conditional or unconditional) to join one of the eligible programmes and have either firmly accepted the offer or be intending to do so. The scholarship selection panel can only consider your application if you hold an active offer throughout your scholarship application process (meaning if your offer is declined at any point up until the scholarship decision deadline you will no longer be eligible). You can apply to the scholarship only once per admissions cycle.
You will not be eligible for this scholarship if:
- You are fully sponsored by your employer
- You are in receipt of a full scholarship
- You have already accepted a scholarship from the University of Edinburgh Business School
- You submit a scholarship application prior ro having secured an offer for the programme you are applying to.
Eligible programmes are:
- Accounting & Finance MSc
- Banking Innovation & Risk Analytics MSc
- Business Analytics MSc
- Climate Change Finance and Investment MSc
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation MSc
- Finance MSc
- Finance, Technology and Policy MSc
- Global Strategy and Sustainability MSc
- Human Resource Management MSc
- International Human Resource Management MSc
- Management MSc
- Marketing MSc
How to Apply
You should submit an application through the University Scholarship Application system following the receipt of an offer (conditional or unconditional) of a place on a Masters programme, and by the deadline:
- Application deadline: 15 May 2023
You will be notified of the result of your scholarship application within a month of the deadline.
In order to gain access to the scholarship application system applicants must have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh. Please note that, following the submission of an application for admission, it can take up to ten working days for all system checks to be completed and for access to be granted.
The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd, our web based information portal.
When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require assistance, please see the University Systems support and guidance pages.
- The scholarship will be paid directly towards your tuition fees
- Scholarships have to be accepted by the deadline defined in the scholarship award letter.
- If you do not accept and pay the required Masters programme deposit within the given time frame then you will forfeit your scholarship offer as well as your programme offer. The Business School will then re-allocate this scholarship
- Any scholarship is automatically withdrawn if you decline your programme offer or fail to meet the conditions set out in your programme offer letter.
- Only one University of Edinburgh Business School scholarship can be accepted.
- If you receive a scholarship, you will be expected to participate occasionally as an ambassador for the Business School during and after your programme