The Business School will offer two LGBT+ scholarships to the value of £10,000 for entry onto one of our taught Masters degrees for entry 2022/23. The scholarships will be awarded to candidates who are committed to making a difference to the LGBT+ community, especially within the business environment.
|Deadline||The deadline for this scholarship has now passed|
|Contact||Email Email Scholarship Support Team|
The LGBT+ Scholarship will be awarded to candidates who:
- Can demonstrate their commitment to the LGBT+ community through previous action and support either within the business setting specifically, or in a wider sense through LGBT+ action.
- Continue to aspire to make a difference for the LGBT+ community through their future personal and career goals
- Have sound academic credentials
You can only apply for the scholarship once you have received an offer (conditional or unconditional) to join one of the eligible programmes and have either firmly accepted the offer or be intending to do so. The scholarship selection panel can only consider your application if you hold an active offer throughout your scholarship application process (meaning if your offer is declined at any point up until the scholarship decision deadline you will no longer be eligible). You can apply to the scholarship only once within one recruitment cycle.
You will not be eligible for this scholarship if:
- You are fully sponsored by your employer
- You are in receipt of a full scholarship
- You have already accepted a scholarship from the University of Edinburgh Business School
If the applicant is successful in being awarded a scholarship, but subsequently declines their offer of admission to the MSc, the scholarship will be withdrawn and awarded to another applicant. An award will be withdrawn if a student fails to meet the conditions set by the University.
Eligible programmes are:
- Accounting & Finance MSc
- Banking & Risk MSc
- Business Analytics MSc
- Climate Change Finance and Investment MSc
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation MSc
- Finance MSc
- Global Strategy and Sustainability MSc
- Human Resource Management MSc
- International Human Resource Management MSc
- Management MSc
- Marketing MSc
- Marketing & Business Analysis MSc
How to Apply
Applications for the scholarship will open in April 2022. If you wish to be considered for a scholarship you should submit an application through the University Scholarship Application system following the receipt of an offer of a place on a Masters programme, and by the deadline:
- Application deadline: 13 June 2022
You will be notified of the result of your scholarship application within a month of the deadline.
- The scholarship will be deducted from tuition fees.
- Scholarships will have to be accepted within a certain timeframe in order to secure your position on the Masters programme and also to secure the scholarship funding.
- If you do not accept and pay the required Masters programme deposit within the given timeframe then you will forfeit your scholarship offer. The Business School will then re-allocate this scholarship.
- If you receive a scholarship, you will be expected to participate occasionally as an ambassador for the Business School during and after your programme.