PGCert Digital Education (with Distinction) - University of Edinburgh | PGDip Information Technology (with Distinction) - Abertay University | BA Hons History of Art & History - Oxford Brookes University
Alison joined the Business School TEL team in March 2017, she previously worked at Abertay University for over thirteen years. As an experienced Learning Technologist, Alison supports both academics and Professional Services staff in their use of learning technologies for teaching, learning and assessment. A large part of her role involves troubleshooting issues related to learning technologies, providing advice on new and emerging technologies, developing and delivering training material and workshops.
Business School projects
- Currently running a College wide Xerte Project (role: SME)
- Developed a gamified course in Blackboard Learn for the Student Development Team
- Developed a TEL team SharePoint site
- Developing Xerte bootstrap templates for flipped classroom courses
- ABC Learning Design workshops for Business School
Areas of interest: Digital storytelling, flipped classroom, instructional design, game based learning and students as content creators.