Roles and Responsibilities
Alison has now completed Blackboard Academy training using Learn Ultra to support the Business School in preparation for the upgrade for academic year 2023-24:
- Fundamentals of Digital Teaching and Learning - Cerfitied Associate (complete)
- Designing for Digital Teaching and Learning - Certified Practitioner (complete)
- Excellence in Digital Teaching and Learning - Certified Specialist (complete)
PGCert Digital Education (with Distinction) - University of Edinburgh | PGDip Information Technology (with Distinction) - Abertay University | BA Hons History of Art & History - Oxford Brookes University
Alison joined the Business School TEL team in March 2017, having previously worked at Abertay University for over thirteen years. As an experienced Learning Technologist, Alison supports both academics and Professional Services staff in their use of learning technologies for teaching, learning and assessment. A large part of her role involves troubleshooting issues related to learning technologies, providing advice on new and emerging technologies, developing and delivering training material and workshops.
Alison ran her own successful yoga business for five years, teaching children, adult and pregnancy yoga as well as baby massage across the Dundee area. Alison also taught the Ashtanga Primary Series having been trained by some of the most sought after Ashtanga teachers in the world: David Swenson, Paul Dallaghan, John Scott and Sri.K.Pattabhi Jois's son Mañju Jois.
Nowadays, outside of work Alison's main hobby is pottery. Examples of her work can be found on Instagram: alisonchristieceramics
- Developed a gamified course in Blackboard Learn for the Student Development Team
- Migrated and developed a TEL team SharePoint site
- Currently running a College wide Xerte Project (role: SME)
- Blackboard Learn Ultra upgrade
Member of the following UoE groups
- Learn Ultra Project group
- Learn Ultra Mapping and Migration Working Group
- Learn Ultra Teaching & Learning Implementation Group
- Professional Services User Group
- CAHSS TEL
- Digital Badges Project group
Areas of interest: Digital storytelling, flipped classroom, instructional design, game based learning and students as content creators.