Student Experience Officer
Roles and Responsibilities
- Developing effective systems and processes for the administrative, planning and organisational requirements of a range of projects and activities, particularly new initiatives, within the Student Experience team.
- Being the Student Experience team’s first point of contact and provide coordination for non-programme specific Student Experience initiatives, such as:
- Student Rep coordination
- Work with our School Council
- Liaison with student societies
- Support of cross-programme
- Interdisciplinary events and field trips
- Personal Assistant to the UG and PG directors and Head of Student Experience
- Dealing with a vast array of contacts across the University and developing key relationships with both staff and students.
My background is very people-focused having spent many years in customer service before moving into support roles within large world-wide companies.
After working in technology based companies in Cambridgeshire, I moved up to Edinburgh in 2014 and became an Administrator/PA for Academic Services within the University of Edinburgh's central support services, before moving to the Business School in 2016 to be part of the newly appointed Student Experience team.
I feel very passionate about making sure that a student's university journey is an enjoyable one. I am always looking for new ways to make students feel engaged and aware of what is available to them to help improve their experience while learning and feel part of the Business School community. Along this journey I also enjoy supporting our directors, so they are able to gain the most out of their Student Experience roles.