Roles and Responsibilities
- Management Science and Business Economics co-Head of Group (2021-current)
- External Examiner, Business School, Strathclyde University. Glasgow, UK (2016–2021)
- College Postgraduate Appeal Committee Member (2018–2020)
- School Executive Board Member (2017–2020)
- Director of PG Programmes (2017–2020)
- Convener of PG Board of Examiners (2015–2017)
- Management Science and Business Economics Research Champion (2015–2017)
- Member of the university team of programme reviewers (2013–current)
- Non-Professorial Representative to the Senatus (2013–2016)
- PhD application coordinator for Management Science and Business Economics (2013–2016)
- Management Science and Business Economics seminar coordinator (2013–2016)
Professor Roberto Rossi holds the Chair in Uncertainty Modelling at the University of Edinburgh (UK). He holds a BEng and an MEng from the University of Bologna (Italy), and a PhD from the University College Cork (Ireland). His research focuses on automated reasoning under uncertainty.
His research focuses on automated reasoning: he develops systems that aim to be robust and scalable in such a way as to enable computers to act intelligently in increasingly complex real world settings and in uncertain environments.
He conducts cross-disciplinary methodological as well as applied research in decision making under uncertainty, artificial intelligence, operational research and supply chain management.
He has over fifty intellectual contributions in flagship international journals and conference proceedings and has attracted research council as well as industry funding in excess of 1 million EUR.