PhD in Financial Technology allows students to pursue their own research topic in the area of Financial Technology or apply for specific industry projects, where students will be able to address complex industrial challenges to gain real-world experience.
This programme aims to prepare students for a diverse array of careers in finance. Approximately 50% of students who pursue the industry pathway, can expect to build on the networking opportunities available to them from studying at the international partners' premises during their study and move into a permanent career in that company, or the industry after graduation.
PhD in Financial Technology at a glance
- Study over three years full-time or six years part-time, with an additional 'writing-up' year available to all.
- Develop advanced techniques and in-depth knowledge in the field of Financial Technology.
- Study an independent research topic or participate in fully funded opportunities working with leading industry partners.
- For those on the industry pathway, study both at the University of Edinburgh campus and at an industrial partner's location, with guidance from academic colleagues and industry specialists at all times.
- We encourage our students to aim higher, presenting papers at prestigious conferences and submitting articles for publication.
- Access to a wide range of professional and personal development opportunities during your studies.
- While we invite students from around the globe to join our community, we don't offer this programme online or by distance learning.
Find out our academic, English language, and application requirements for the PhD in Financial Technology.Entry requirements