The programme offers credited research training for those researching a financial topic, such as behavioural finance, asset pricing, corporate finance and governance, and aspects affecting financial markets and institutions. Supported by experts within the field, you will have the opportunity to develop a doctoral thesis based on original and relevant research.
PhD in Finance at a Glance
- Study over three years full time, with an additional 'writing-up' year available to all
- During your first year, attend a comprehensive set of taught courses designed to train you in the theory and methods necessary to conduct high-quality research
- Access numerous database subscriptions to support your research, such as Bloomberg, Capital IQ, Datastream, Eikon, Morningstar Direct, SNL Financial, and Wharton Research Data Service (WRDS) which features, among others, access to Boardex, Compustat, CRSP, and Sustainalytics data
- Support and access to a wide range of professional and personal development opportunities during your studies
- We encourage our students to aim higher, presenting papers at prestigious conferences and submit articles for publication
Find out our academic, english language, and application requirements for the PhD in Finance.Entry Requirements